Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wash Day

086[1] Pre-poo: slathered my hair with coconut oil and topped it off with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for about an hour and rinsed.

[2] Shampoo: 2 lathers of Nexxus Therappe Shampoo

[3] Deep Conditioner: Applied a mix of Crème of Nature Moisturizing Milk Masque, JBCO, and Olive oil to my hair. Covered it with my Hot Head for 30 minutes and let it cool for an additional 30 minutes. Rinsed with cold water. 087

First Impressions of the Crème of Nature Moisturizing Milk Masque: I am not one too bothered by scents but this one was very strong even for me.

[4] T-shirt dried for 20 minutes

[5] Leave-Ins: (L) ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, (O) Coconut Oil, (C) Lottabody Moisturize Me 

I put my hair in a low bun and allowed to air dry overnight. The next day, I plaited my hair to prep for my wig.

My wig, Sheba, is a whole ‘lotta woman and she would be too wild for me in this icky weather so I attempted KLP’s Knotted Updo, instead it looks like I did a flat twist with a ponytail--- I’ll take it!!! I don’t put this much effort into styling my real hair haha!078

As you all know I was struggling with whether to cut my hair to APL or not, since I dusted my ends when I touched up my hair I decided to hold back on a major cut until April. Until then I hope to protective style using my wig. I have a new one coming in the mail hope she’s cute!

Be sure to linkup and share your #WashDayExperience

The Wash Day Experience

11 comments:

  1. I actually REALLY like the style that you came up with! April will be here before you know it and I know that you'll be pleasantly surprised with the progress that your hair is making!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. The style looks cute. I wish i could rock wigs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pony actually turned out really cute. I love a cute accidental hair style! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ''failed style'' is actually a new style. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your new girl is cute too. I am like you when it comes to a product scent. I worry more about packaging and how it works. I love your hair in both pictures, but the back is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ur hair looks really thick and beautiful! I hope you don't have to cut it when April comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This style is cute! The wig looks really natural - like a blow-out - and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wig looks so natural, I thought it was your hair for a second!! The styling is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty style you have there with the wig. Happy accident

    ReplyDelete
  10. The knotted updo is fire! I can hardly do a ponytail without all the random lumps & bumps.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete