Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wash Day Weekend

For the past two weeks I have been protective styling with wigs so my real hair was in plaits.  Hence, I have not washed my hair in two weeks but all good things must come to an end.  I was happy I had this whole weekend to give my hair some much needed care.045

[1] Pre-poo: Slathered my braids with Coconut Oil before unraveling each one which made detangling much easier. Detangled my hair with two different combs.  Put hair in 4 sections. Covered hair with a plastic cap overnight047

[2] Shampoo: 1 lather of Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

[3] Deep Conditioner: Mixed 1 Tablespoon of JBCO with ORS Hair Mayonnaise to strengthen my hair. Deep conditioned my hair for about 30 minutes (15 of those under my Hot Head Conditioning Cap). Rinsed with cold water

[4] T-shirt dried for about 20 minutes

[5] Leave-Ins: While my hair was still damp I applied Lottabody Moisturize Me and sealed with OGX Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum, Massaged my JBCO mix into my scalp. Allowed my hair to air dry in braids.046

The next day I actually flat ironed my hair and used some flexi rods for curls.056

This was a pretty simple Wash Day. I was apprehensive about using the ORS Hair Mayonnaise because some said that it was considered a moderate strength protein treatment while another site considered it to be a hard protein treatment.  Either way, I was impressed so I’ll definitely use it again. I’ll consider it as a moderate protein treatment, it has a little more strength than the Aubrey Organics GPB that I use, but less strength than the Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus. My hair benefitted a lot from the protein treatment, I lost like 3 pieces of hair compared to that huge lump of hair pictured above! Hopefully, you ladies had a great Wash Day!

Have you ever used ORS Hair Mayonnaise?

What’s your favorite moderate strength protein treatment?

055

The Wash Day Experience

8 comments:

  1. I have used the Organics Hair Mayo., but I have yet to try the ORS one. The price isn't quite right for me right now haha. They're about the same size, but Organics is $3.99 and the ORS is $10-12 around here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your curls are pretty!

    I also used ORS Mayo in my last wash day and I think it worked to curb the breakage, will be using it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curls!
    My fav moderate protein used to be Mastey reconstructor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair turned out pretty. I love Aphogee 2-min reconstructor as my moderate protein. I whole-heartedly abhor that Suave Clarifying shampoo. It clumped by hair and gave me tangles like I've never experience before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually thinking about using this ORS Mayo instead of my Aphogee this week but we will see. Its a nice protein treatment but i don't particularly like the smell. Your hair turns out great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks great. I've never tried ORS Hair Mayo but I've heard good things about it. Glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft curls! I've used ORS Hair Mayo and it did well in my hair. I'm thinking about buying it back just to try it out again..lol. It's been a while. Glad to hear you didn't lose much hair after!!

    ReplyDelete