Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wash Day + Birthday Hair!

014

[1] Pre-poo: Slathered Coconut Oil on the last 5 inches of my hair and then slathered OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Conditioner (found the cute travel size at Target, definitely picking up the regular size soon) on the rest of my hair and left it on for a couple of hours

[2] Shampoo: 1 Lather of Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo

[3] Deep Conditioner: Used a mix of random conditioners plus a half tablespoon of JBCO. Deep Conditioned in the shower for 10 minutes and rinsed

[4] Applied a nickel size of Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle to each section of my hair. I let my hair air dry in two braids over night

[5] Leave-ins: Sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on my hair, applied Lottabody Moisturize Me and massaged my JBCO mix directly on to my scalp.

I try not to make big deal of it but today is my 26th birthday!!! Haaaay! I don’t usually have birthday hair but I wanted to spice it up a little. I really like my flexi rods, this will be the second time that I actually put them on my real hair. They are really simple to use and I don’t have a hard time sleeping in them.

013

 

015

Hope you all had a great Wash Day!

Have you tried any new products this Wash Day?

The Wash Day Experience

24 comments:

  1. Love,love,love the results of your flexi rods. Came out like roller set not a curl former look alike. Not that there's anything wrong with doing it that way,I just like that yours is different. Seems easier as well, and that you'll use less rods and time to achieve a nice do. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that I don't need a ton of flexis to get curls!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rolling the flexi-rods up makes sleeping alot easier. Pretty curls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that out next time. Thanks Tomes

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Harlem! Your flexi-rod set is gorgeous!! Loving your results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Harlem, your curls look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Harlem, your curls came out lovely :-)) I tried silk dreams VMCD for the first time and it's lovely (except for the coconut oil scent that overpowers the vanilla scent), sunk right into my strands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca!! I have yet to try any Silk Dreams products, I am glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. Soft beautiful curls! Happy Birthday my fellow Aries :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaass #TeamAries Thanks Sunshyne!!!!

      Delete
  9. Happy Happy Happy BIRTHDAY chica!

    Your birthday hair is stellar! You betta get it!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Love your hair, Love your blog aaaaaaaaaand Happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete