Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wash Day| with Jamaican Black Castor Oil

056Pre-poo: Massaged a mix of JBCO and tea tree oil into my scalp and applied Coconut Oil in the length of my hair and detangled in four sections057

Shampoo: Lathered twice using Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

Deep Conditioner: Mixed Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, 1 Tablespoon of JBCO, and Roux Porosity Control Corrector Conditioner warmed it in the microwave and applied it to my hair. Allowed it to sit on my hair for 35 minutes with my Hot Head Conditioning Cap. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle is great on its own but adding a little bit a Roux took it to the next level for some reason. I wonder if it can do that for the conditioners I have that are not so good.

Leave-ins:  Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream, JBCO on my scalp and Olive Oil on the length of my hair.

058

Honestly, this Wash Day was uneventful. The only thing that I have been having issues with lately is detangling my new growth. I really wanted to wait until April to touch up my relaxer but I don’t want to cause anymore damage to my hair, more than likely I will get a touch up in the next two weeks.

Are you ladies having any hair-related problems?

The Wash Day Experience

22 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you, makes no sense stretching and not making any progress on touch up day due to breakage. How many weeks post are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had a long stretch last time I and I realized it caused alot of damage which makes me nervous. I'm about 14 weeks post for some reason my new growth seems a little thicker this time around

      Delete
    2. Do you think it's the castor oil that's causing your new growth to be thicker than normal? That's a good sign for the challenge and your hair overall, but I guess it's bad for your relaxer stretch. I hope whatever you decide to do ends with minimal breakage. Good luck, Harlem!

      Delete
  2. I have a huge bottle of Roux Porosity control that I had NO idea what to do with.I'm definitely going to mix it in with some of my co-washing conditioners and see how it works!

    I wonder if giving your roots an extra dose of moisture would help with the tangles. Nonetheless, if the tangles are too much and you don't have the patience to deal---get out that relaxer chica!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm struggling with finding a protein/moisture balance for my hair. I just so scared its gonna break off.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the tangles, just do what's best for your hair as it dictates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, my hair has a mind of its own--- its best that I listen to it!

      Delete
  4. I've been experiencing some breakage, but my new growth hasn't been tangling or drying out like it normally does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Leah, are you doing anything special to curb the breakage?

      Delete
  5. Are you doing the Hairlista JBCO challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 14 weeks is perfect for me to stop stretching and go straight for the relaxer. LOL. I find Aussie 3 min to be kinda "blah" on it's own..maybe it's just me. Are you in the Hairlista Castor oil challenge hun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have my relaxer kit ready lol and yes I am. I'm doing the intermediate level

      Delete
  7. Awh, ::hugs::. Sorry your hair is giving your some tangle trouble. I agree with the ladies above--whip out the relaxer and save your sanity earlier than later if need be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on relaxing this Sunday, I'd rather listen to my hair and relax than have a massive setback

      Delete
  8. I also Love Aussie! its super awesome and sorry about you tangle trouble :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe the JBCO is the reason for your growth being thicker. I agree with the other comments that relaxing now may be the best option.

    all the best
    Lungi @ HHDC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lungi, I don 't thinks its the JBCO,I have been using it for less than 2 weeks

      Delete
  10. I really wanted to love JBCO but it made my hair shed like crazy! My hair was coming out in clumps - so weird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's not good!! Do all castor oils have that effect on your hair or was it just JBCO?

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete