Saturday, February 21, 2015

Castor Oil Hair Challenge| Update #1

I was a couple of days late beginning Hairlista’s Castor Oil Challenge but I am on a roll now. Reading about the benefits Jamaican Black Castor Oil is actually what prompted me to see how I could improve the health of my hair and it ultimately marked the beginning of my hair journey. But that was nearly 2 years ago, I quickly fell off the bandwagon back then because I could not stand the thickness of the oil. I don’t feel like I have many problem areas but overall, I just want to improve the health of my edges, my weird hairline, my barely-there eyebrows, and I want to see if the thin areas of my hemline will fill in.
I am in the intermediate level which requires me to massage castor oil in to my scalp for 2-5 minutes at least 2 times a week (I’ve been doing it about 3 times) and add a teaspoon of castor oil to my weekly deep conditioner. In addition to that, I massage castor oil on my eyebrows and lashes nightly.
The first week of the challenge I used the JBCO mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil. I found that the mix was too thick and made my new grow stick together which made it an issue when trying to detangle my hair. The next week I decided to touch up my roots, because of that I decided to thin the JBCO out by adding olive oil. It weighs my hair down a bit but I don’t mind since I am in buns majority of the time.
Here are some before and after pics:
002
003
001
I don’t see much of a difference in my edges or my hair line but I do see a slight difference in my eyebrows. The other thing that I like about this challenge is that my hair stays moisturized for a longer period of time.
To the ladies participating in Hairlista’s Castor Oil Challenge, have you noticed any visible changes in your hair?

5 comments:

  1. I've been slacking on using JBCO on my brows. I can see it has worked for you. Keep it up and you will see more improvements soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the difference in your brows. Where do you get JBCO?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice update. I can see a difference in your eyebrows already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I entered at the Advance level. The changes I've seen so far are softer smoother thicker hair. My hair is also holding moisture like a BOSS. I haven't felt the need to L.O.C nor use my steamer since I started the challenge bc the effects of the castor oil gives me the same results. As far as growth... like yourself I can only judge from my brows and lashes which are coming in thicker and appear longer.
    Your edges are actully filling in and your brows are thicker. Excited for the 3 months to be up already! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hairline and brows are definitely thickening up! This is soooo exciting! Stick to it chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete