Saturday, December 27, 2014

Wash Day

Last week I was in braids, I really wasn’t planning on washing my hair but again, my itchy scalp situation had to go. Immediately! My oil concoction has been doing nothing to relieve my scalp

[1] Pre-poo: HairVeda Red Tea Nourishing Conditioner,  40 minutes under my Hot Head Conditioning Cap

[2] Shampoo: Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo,1 lather062

[3] Protein Conditioner: Aubrey Organic GPB Conditioner, 15 minutes under the Hot Head Conditioning Cap, rinsed with cold water

[4] T-shirt dried my hair for 10 minutes

[5] Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse: This is a new one for me, I have never tried using apple cider vinegar at all but I hear it helps relieve itchy scalp among other things. I added 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to an 8 oz spray bottle and filled the rest up with water. I sprayed it directly on my scalp and massaged it. I ended up using the whole thing since I don’t know how long it keeps.

[6] Leave-Ins: sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, moisturized with HairVeda Red Tea Satin Moisturizer and sealed with HairVeda Nourishing Ends Serum

Usually about a day or so after washing my hair my scalp starts itching again but its safe to say the ACV rinse works! NO flakes+ NO itch= Happy camper! I definitely have to figure out a way to keep this up. I braided my hair up for my wig, which never made it to my head due to the flu. Happy Holidays to you all!

The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. I love ACV rinses! They have helped me with my itchy scalp and eliminated my problem with dandruff. It looks like your wash day was a success. I hope you're feeling better and that you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACV for the win! I haven't used it yet but planning too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that ACV! My scalp has been sooooo dry and itchy this winter. I just bought a scalp moisturizer to see if it would help, but I will definitely try ACV if it doesn't.
    I hope you're better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I caught that flu about a month ago---it wasn't fun. Girl--I'm surprised that you had enough energy to even wash your hair! I hope that you're feeling better doll!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete