Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wash Day| Recap + New Goodies

Hello Ladies!

Long time, no posts, huh? Its been about two weeks since my last Wash Day post, I’ve been taking care of my hair but with the holidays I have not had time to blog.

Here’s a recap of my last two Wash Days:

Nov 23: [1] pre-poo with HairVeda Sitrinillah (30 mins.) [2] Coffee+Green Tea Rinse (20 mins.) [3] Shampoo with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo ( lathered 2 X’s) [4] Condition with Aubrey Organic GPB (15 mins.) [5] Applied Lottabody Moisturize Me and sealed with oil mix

*Note: I realized that the Sitrinillah performs waaaay better when its applied to dry hair

Nov 30: [1] pre-poo with L’Oreal Oleotherapy Deep Recovery Mask and safflower oil (40 mins.) [2] Shampoo with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo (l lather) [3] Condition with Aubrey Organics GPB (7 mins.) [4] Applied Lottabody Moisturize Me on roots and length, applied Herbal Essences Split End Protector on last 3 inches of my hair, sealed it all in with DIY Whipped Shea Butter.

The Wash Day Experience

Whew, that was a lot, so now on to this week’s Wash Day. As you all know the Black Fridays sales were crazy, I was so happy when a few of my hair goodies arrived so I decided to incorporate them into this Wash Day.118

[1] Pre-poo: Parted my hair into 3 sections and applied coconut oil on each section. Allowed the coconut oil to sit on my hair for about 20 minutes and rinsed.

[2] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, peppermint oil, and lavender oil onto my roots and allowed it to sit for about 10 minutes and rinsed

[3] Shampoo: Lathered 1X using Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo

[4] Deep Condition: Applied Kurlee Belle Banana Nut and Avocado Deep Treatment and covered my hair with a plastic cap followed by my Hot Head Conditioning Cap. I left the cap on for 30 minutes and allowed it to cool for another 15 minutes. Rinsed with cold water

[5] Allowed t-shirt to soak up excess water for 20 minutes

[6] Leave-Ins: Massaged scalp with oil mix (my scalp does not like this weather!), applied Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-In conditioner on the length on my hair, applied OGX Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum on my ends, and sealed everything in with my DIY Whipped Shea Butter.

Verdict on Hot Head Cap: Definitely a keeper! I will never go back to using the old school plastic cap when deep conditioning my hair. I love the idea of this heating cap, its much better than having to purchase an expensive/ bulky steamer!120

Verdict on Kurlee Belle products: Love both of the products from Kurlee Belle. When I applied the deep conditioner on my hair it definitely helped to detangle, the scent reminds my of As I Am Hydration Elation. I just love the scent of the Thirsty Kurls Leave-In, it makes my hair so soft, I have also been using it when I moisturize and seal my hair.

121

How was your most recent Wash Day?

Did you try out any new products or techniques?

4 comments:

  1. I just used my Hot Head cap last night for the first time and loved it so much! Glad you enjoyed yours as well. My scalp has not been a happy camper either. I am working to try to get the dryness/itchiness under control asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when I try a product for the first time and it works. I tried avocado butter for the first time and I like it. It is more like pure Shea butter minus the strong scent. Mixing the tea and the coffee together is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ponytail hanging! Thats great you love your new bee's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get me a conditioning cap! Santa hope you are reading this:)

    ReplyDelete