Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wash Day| Co-Wash FAIL

090

[1]Pre-poo: Hot oil treatment using safflower oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, and grapefruit oil

[2] Tea Rinse: Sprayed my hair with a mix of green tea and peppermint oil

[3] Co-Wash: Co-washed twice using Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner. My hair hated it! Upon rinsing, it felt so stripped that I was scared to manipulate it. I don’t need any bad wash days, so I had to fix it!

[4] Shampoo: Many would have just proceeded to deep condition and hoped it would restore the moisture but I just couldn’t. I reached for Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo and it was just what I needed, it restored the moisture to my hair and made it soft again with one lather. Whew! Dodged a bullet.

[5] Deep Condition: Applied Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment to my hair, covered with a plastic cap and topped it off with my Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap. I deep conditioned with my Hot Head for an hour. I only reheated it once, microwaving this cap for two minutes gives me about 35 minutes of heat. I rinsed the DC with cold water.091 

[6] T-shirts dried my hair for about 30 minutes

[7] Leave- Ins: I began by applying Herbal Essences Split End Protector on the last 3 inches of hair then applied Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave-In Conditioner on the rest of my hair, massaged oil into my scalp and sealed the leave-ins with my DIY Whipped Shea Butter.

 

Since I am still battling my itchy scalp I decided I needed more access to my scalp, So I braided up my hair and I will be rocking my wig for the week. I am attending a concert this weekend so I decided to try something different with my wig by adding flexirods. I used 8 grey flexis and 14 purple flexirods. I’ll have to do a HOTD post so I can show you all how the curls dropped.

The Wash Day Experience

14 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to turn that bad co-wash around! That wig is so cute. I thought it was your real hair for a sec. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Two Snaps HONEY*

    This look on you is some kinda fierce! It's awesome that you were able to avoid disaster by shampooing with your old faithful product.

    Do you think that your scalp issues are weather related or regimen related? It seems that everyone is struggling with icky scalp this week.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP, my scalp issues are definitely weather related. I'll be trying a few new techniques next week to see if I can correct it.

      Delete
  3. I think it is important to use shampoo when you pre-poo with oils. The conditioner is not enough to wash the oils from the hair and scalp. It may leave the hair greasy and unable to absorb moisture after the wash. I had to learn the hard way. I only co-wash when my head smells sweaty and it is a little dirty. If it feels sticky and feels like I have product buildups, I shampoo. I am so HAPPY you decided to use shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the advice Nerline. I tried my hardest not get the oil on my hair but I kinda failed at that too. I'll give this product another try!

      Delete
  4. You look stunning! I love the wig. Have you ever used Thirsty Kurls on dry hair as a moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jay! I have used thirsty kurls as a daily moisturizer and my hair really likes it. I know you purchased it, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! You are rocking that wig and the entire look is on point. Go Harlem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wig and I love your lip colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, the photo was really impromptu I was just trying on lipsticks for fun.

      Delete
    2. Totally agree with the others that wig is rocking and love the lips as well :)

      Delete
  7. The flexis on that wig = EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete