- Wigs: I used to be the one to say I would never wear a wig, but when you are deep into stretching your relaxer or just pressed for time wigs are the way to go! I can be whoever I want to be and fix my wig --- Sheba, as I like to call her, anyway I want. Wigs give my hair and I a much needed break from one another.
- ACV Rinses: I discovered this late in the game…like last week, but better late than never. ACV has many benefits for you hair but I use it primarily to relieve my itchy winter scalp. I used it during my most recent wash day and can you believe I have not had any scalp troubles since.
- Braid-outs: I love a good braid-out so much you mind as well call it my signature hair style. It gives my hair the volume and texture that I want and it seems to get better as days go by. The messier the better, even the humidity makes it even more fabulous!
- Hot Head Deep Conditioning Cap: I picked this up during the Black Friday Sale. Lord knows I had absolutely no intention on buying a bulky/expensive steamer or dryer, so this was a great substitute. I learned that using the old school method of deep conditioning with just a plastic cap and body heat was not doing any justice to my hair. This conditioning cap is everything and definitely a keeper going in to 2015.
- Figuring Out What My Hair Really Needs (Sorta): This is the most special highlight of 2014 for me. Hair journeys are not easy, but when in doubt or whenever you feel like you have no idea what your doing, assess your regimen and the products that your using. Figure out what works and cut all the extra stuff out. Keeping it simple is so much better, less headaches and less hair lost!
- Braid-outs: Braid-outs this year have been my best friend, especially during the summer. The drawback--- all the breakage I get when its time to detangle.
- Breakage: Speaking of breakage, this has been my nemesis this year. It was mostly due to how I handled my hair but I also think that it may be due to my most recent stretch, it was the longest stretch since beginning my hair journey at 25 weeks. In 2015 I think I’ll stick to 12-16 week stretches.
- Itchy Scalp: Winter came early and it brought me a dry, itchy scalp. I won’t be bringing this problem into the new year with me thanks to ACV though.
What were the highlights of 2014 for you ladies? Be sure to link up over at SavingOurStrands