Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Finally| Touch Up

I made it to 25 weeks post, whew! Trust me, it was not planned, sometimes life gets in the way. But I am super happy that I finally had a chance to set aside some time to relax my hair.
029I began by parting my hair into 4 sections
[1] Based my scalp with some good ol’ Blue Magic Coconut Oil hair grease (do any of you still have grease sitting around?) and then covered my previously relaxed strands with Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner.051
[2] With my handy dandy Aqua Sprush, I applied Dark & Lovely No-Lye Relaxer in Regular Strength to my new growth. Application and smoothing time took me about 25 minutes. Rinsed my hair with warm water.
[3] As a mid-relaxer protein treatment I used Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus and let it sit for about 15 minutes which is longer than necessary and my hair felt stiff, but after I rinsed it went back to normal.
[4] Neutralized my hair 4 times with the shampoo that came with the kit
[5] Deep conditioned with Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and allowed it to sit on my hair for 1 hour. Rinsed with cold water050
[6] T-shirt dried my hair for 20 minutes
[7] Lightly misted my hair with ApHogee Keratin &Green Tea Restructurizer. Applied Lottabody Moisturize Me Curl &Style Milk and sealed with my oil mix. I also oiled my scalp, usually after I relax my hair I suffer from a dry scalp so I am just trying to be proactive.
I let my hair air dry in a bun the rest of the day.
The next day…
Since my hair was pretty straight I just knocked a few bumps out of my hair with my flat iron and prepared to cut my ends.052054









So as you can tell I made it to full bra strap length before the cut, this is similar to my last length check which is frustrating but it also makes me happy because now I have a clear goal for this next stretch: I need to focus on retention by taking better care of my ends. My nape is still a mess, maybe worse than before so I need to work on that too (sorry, no pics). My ultimate hair goal, as far as length, is to reach the 5 line on my length check t-shirt.053
Overall, I am pretty happy with the health of my hair, especially my bang area. 18 months ago when I began my hair journey, my bang was up to my eyebrows and now it is beyond my chin!
056
When’s your next Touch Up?
What has been the most exciting change you seen since beginning your HHJ?
The Wash Day Experience

11 comments:

  1. Your hair turned out very smooth and shiny too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I think I want more texture though

      Delete
  2. Love the results, Harlem. Congrats on making it to BSL. I haven't decided when my next touch up will be. It will likely be in early January. The most exciting change I've seen is the thickness of my hair. I can really contribute this to texlaxing. It helps my hair look really full and thick.

    Don't Touch The Hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I want to texlax too, this bone straight is not for me anymore

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting to 25 weeks. I'm currently at 13 weeks post and I plan on texlaxing at 16 weeks. However, I may stretch longer since I have discovered wigging, and it helps me leave my hair alone. Congrats on getting to BSL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippeeeeee!!! Those bangs are growing like weeds chica!!! And hi-five on full BSL! You're gonna be to MBL by the spring!

    I'm looking for a new hard protein treatment (since my beloved Emergencee seems to have disappeared off the shelves). Would you recommend Redken Extreme Builder Plus?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope so!
      Redken is the only hard protein treatment I have ever tried but it is great. It strengthens your hair but leaves it soft.
      The only drawback for me is the packaging, I would like to see this in tube due to the consistency.

      Delete
  5. 25weeks *gasp* Congrats. Your hair looks so smooth and shiny. BSL and beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smooth, shiny & perfect. Congrats on a great touch up. You did really well on your cut as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! someone else that does a mid- relaxer Protein treatment! I've been loving it since I started doing it! do you get volume from this step?

    (I'm seriously excited about MPRS)

    my relaxer is happening sometime this weekend...
    I.CANT.WAIT.

    lost my first comment so forgive me if im repeating....

    ReplyDelete