Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wash Day

I am so happy that I finally relaxed my hair, its been much easier to manage. After my relaxer, I could feel that my hair felt strengthened so the main focus for this Wash Day was to put some moisture into my hair to give it some elasticity.

Here’s how it went down:

[1] Pre-poo: Parted my hair into 3 sections and saturated/massaged my scalp with safflower oil.008 I covered my hair with a plastic cap for an hour. Did not rinse.

[2] Coffee+ Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, a spoonful of instant coffee, and couple drops of peppermint and grapefruit essential oils on my hair. I let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing  the coffee+ tea rinse and safflower oil with warm water.

[3] Shampoo: Lathered each section twice with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I got this sample with a purchase at the beauty supply store.

[4] Coffee+ Tea Rinse: Sprayed the remaining coffee+ tea rinse on my hair. Allowed it to sit for 5 more minutes and rinsed

[5] Applied Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment covered my hair with plastic cap and allow to sit for about an hour and rinsed with cold water.009

[6] Applied Lottabody Moisturize Me while my hair was still damp and sealed with my oil mix.

[7] Air dried my hair in a bun

 

So I was clearly intrigued by Jeni’s post on the benefits coffee rinses. I was hesitant about it because I didn’t want the coffee scent to linger. I’m not much of a coffee drinker, but I definitely wanted a cup afterwards because it smelled like a Starbucks in my bathroom. After rinsing out the coffee and deep conditioning my hair there was no trace of the scent so this is something that I might try again.

036

The Wash Day Experience

13 comments:

  1. Yay for coffee rinses! Your wash day seems pretty simple. How do keep your hair moisturized when air drying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like coffee rinses now! I moisturize and seal my hair when its still quite damp and either set each section in a little bun or braid it up because I don't want my hair to be frizzy once it fully dries.

      Delete
  2. Your bun is lifeeee. Lol...I gotta get back on tea rinses. Nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bun is to die for, dear! I love using coffee on my hair instead of green tea. I feel like I get faster results. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems coffee is a little more potent than green tea

      Delete
  4. Stop it. Stop it right now. Stop raving about coffee rinses please! Everytime that I'm tempted to try it---I decide to add some creamer to the coffee and drink it. #dontjudgeme ugh...okay #goheadjudgeme LOL!

    I love your bun! The only think that I miss about freshly texlaxed/relaxed hair is how EASY it was to smooth my edges. *heavy sigh*

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I really wanted to get out the shower and make some. What made it worse is I added some peppermint oil and it smelled so delicious like it would make a perfect winter drink

      Delete
  5. Look at that size bun, its hugeeeee. I have never tried coffee rinses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you explain the coffee/tea rinse? What are its benefits? People have been raving about it, so I may need to try it out finally!

    Bree
    www.quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Bree. The caffeine in coffee and tea help reduce shedding, you should definitely give it a try

      Delete
  7. Hmmm, I have been reading more about tea rinses. I might have to indulge to see what results I can achieve. I love huge buns. That is my goal one day just to wear lots of high buns. :-)

    ReplyDelete