Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Simple Wash Day

[1] Pre-poo: Started by my parting my hair into 3 sections. Applied coconut oil in each section. I have not used coconut oil in a while and I forgot how good it makes my hair feel,008 it sank in immediately. I know I cannot use it too often because it tends to make my hair feel brittle. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for 40 minutes and rinsed.

[2] Shampoo: Lathered my hair twice using Crème of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo.

[3] Deep Condition: I don’t know how long I’ve had HairVeda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner but I’ve only used it once. Since Black Friday is almost here, I have to see if this is something I should consider repurchasing. I applied this DC on each section of my hair, covered my hair with a plastic cap and let is sit for about 45 minutes and rinsed with cool water. I first used this when I was deep into my relaxer stretch, and I remember my new growth really liking this stuff--- this week, my relaxed hair was not here for it. It felt funny when I was applying it to my hair and after 45 minutes under a plastic cap even the worst of DC’s penetrate my hair, but this stuff just sat on my hair. Luckily, My hair felt soft upon rinsing.

[4] Leave- Ins: While my hair was still damp I sprayed ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, moisturized each section with Lottabody Moisturize Me, and sealed in with my oil mix.

030

After moisturizing and sealing I put my hair into 3 bantu knots and allowed it to fully dry for 48 hours.

018

I love simple Wash Days---that don’t actually take all day. My hairstyle this week was inspired by Lam at Overcoming Lazy, she can achieve voluminous curls with TWO.Bantu.Knots. My bantu knots need a bit more perfecting but overall I am pretty happy with how it turned out.019

The Wash Day Experience

 

Did you try anything new this Wash Day?

11 comments:

  1. Cute cute!!! I'm sooo jealous of y'all getting gorgeous waves with only two bantu knots. Girl...my roots laugh at that and my ends just ain't about that life. Why does my hair always have to be different?!? LOL!

    How did you maintain this look through the week?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorge results! I'd love to try that, but like KLP said, I don't think my roots would be having it! LOL! Also I don't think I've had a simple wash day since I started texlaxing. I really miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do bantu knots like that. Really like the results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great! The bantu knots gave such good body to your hair, love it. I've been wanting to try that Sitrinillah deep conditioner, but it's just a tad too much of an investment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your waves. I tried Pantene for the first time. My first experience was wonderful. I use Folgers to do my coffee rinse. The strength is actually Medium-dark, but I make it as dark as possible. I have been doing that since 2012, after my big chop, but it's only as needed. You know, when the shedding is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you use any additional product? Great definition! I haven't done BKO in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks nice. I just got the Hairveda conditioner. Did the softness last?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks beautiful~I'm going to have to try two bantu knots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute bantu knots!!! I used to do the two knots (ie. "bun-out") but they just took too long to dry and I'm a crazy sleeper so there was way too much tension when I moved my head around in my sleep.
    I hate when DCs don't work, especially when they feel nice and creamy and thick in the jar :-/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute knot out! Wow, three bantu knots, huh?! I can only dream (and wait until my hair gets way longer). Gotta love simple wash days. Any wash day under an hour for me is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bantu knot-out came out so nice! I've tried that shampoo once and I want to try it again but I have so much shampoo.

    ReplyDelete