Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Narrowing Down Product Stash| Shampoos

024

From left to right: Nexxus Therappe| Crème of Nature Argan Oil| L’Oreal Power Moisture| Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla| Suave Clarifying| OGX Awapuhi Ginger| OGX Coconut Milk

In an attempt to have some kind of structure in my hair journey, I must admit, I need to get my burning desire to buy every product I see under control. Not only that, I need to analyze all of the products that I have to see what has really worked for me and get rid of the others.

There were three things that influenced my decision when I was going through my stash of products and narrowing down my product lists:

  1. Price
  2. Effectiveness
  3. Accessibility

Shampoo is a pretty simple category for me because I don’t have nearly as much shampoo as I have conditioner and I instantly know if a shampoo is going to work for me or not. Here’s the list of shampoos that made the cut:

025

Clarifying Shampoo

  • Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo

This is actually the only clarifying shampoo that I have used since beginning my hair journey and it still delivers. It deeply cleanses my hair without it feeling stripped.

Moisturizing Shampoo

  • Crème of Nature Argan Oil Moisture and Shine Shampoo
  • Nexxus Therappe Ultimate Moisture Shampoo (Sally’s also makes a generic version which I will purchase instead, its just as effective and cheaper)
  • Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo

I have gotten great results with these shampoos, they truly moisturize my hair--- they don’t leave my hair brittle or cause my hair to clump together. What I love most about these shampoos is that they are accessible---I can go into a store and actually buy them and they are all also reasonably priced.

What Are Your Go- To Shampoos?

2 comments:

  1. I love love love Matrix Hydrasource shampoo. It's moisturizing and still cleans my scalp without making it feel dry or tight. I also love that a little goes a long way. I think that I only replace the bottle once MAYBE twice a year.

    Nice choices!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I have way more shampoo than I need...of many which were no goes...I'm really enjoying my Mane and Tale shampoo. Reasonably priced and leaves my hair squeaky clean without clumping or tangling. With all the new growth I have, it has left me impressed. Also, I've finally gotten my hands on the CON Argan Oil shampoo. Everyone keeps raving about it. So glad to hear how well it has worked for you. I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete