Tuesday, November 4, 2014

4 Ways to Tweak Regimen For Cooler Weather

[1] CONSISTANT Moisturizing and Sealing: To be honest, this summer my m&s sessions were here and there. If my hair felt dry I could just co-wash it and go, or moisturize the perimeter of my hair and throw it all in a ponytail or bun. I know cannot get away with that this winter. I will be making an attempt to moisturize and seal my hair about every other day.

[2] Hot Oil Treatments: During the cooler months my scalp is a dry, itchy mess! Hot oil treatments will ensure the nourishment of my scalp. Even though I hate the overpowering scent of eucalyptus, adding it to my oil mix is a must, it soothes my scalp much more than the peppermint essential oil. But I will not be tossing the peppermint to the side, in fact it’s apart of my essential oil holy trinity: Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Lavender. The  carrier oils that I use don’t vary much season-to-season, its always grapeseed oil, safflower oil, and coconut oil.

[3] Deep Condition (with heat): This is a must. No, I don’t have any fancy hair drier I can sit under or a fancy cap to heat up in my microwave. So I have to be somewhat old school with it, its gonna be good ol’ body heat, a warm towel and a plastic bag.

[4] Low Maintenance/ Long Term Protective Styles: I’m looking to tuck away my hair permanently for the winter with my trusty wig, Sheba. This is a great investment. I also won’t have to fuss with my hair every day, and I won’t have to worry about my ends getting stuck or broken off by my cute winter coats.

How are you going to be switching up your regimen?

No comments:

Post a Comment