Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wash Day

Last week was great, wearing a wig allowed my hair and I to get a break from one another. I’m not wearing it this week because I need to tweak it, its way too dark--- I know its close to Halloween but I don’t want to look like Wednesday Addams. I followed a similar Wash Day routine as last week since I got such good results.

[1] Pre-poo: Massaged Avocado Oil into my scalp and then covered my strands with Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave- In conditioner and left 051it on for about an hour before rinsing

[2] Shampoo: Lathered my hair once with Crème of Nature Argan Oil sulfate-free shampoo

[3] Tea Rinse: Used two bags of green tea and added peppermint oil and lavender oil. I sprayed the tea directly to my roots and allowed it to sit for 2 minutes before applying my conditioner on top of the tea.

[4] Conditioner: Applied OGX Argan Oil and Shea Butter Hair Mask to my hair, covered with a plastic bag for an hour and rinsed with cool water.

[5] Leave-Ins: Massaged my oil mix into my scalp while my hair was still damp and then applied Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In conditioner. and put my hair in to 4 braids.

I’m keeping my style easy this week, its all about that #bunlife and I did lightly flat iron my bang area, sorry no pics ladies (I think I am theeee worst at taking pics of my hair to show you all).

 

How Was Your Wash Day?

The Wash Day Experience

9 comments:

  1. Aww---but that wig was so cute! Is it the type that you can color (I know nothing about wigs so if this question is totally absurd don't shoot!)? I saw a twist out done on a wig that was absolutely gorgeous! Maybe a few waves can give the otherwise dark color some dimension.

    What are your impressions of the Shea Moisture JBCO line thus far?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries. Its made with human hair so yeah I could dye it. I actually did a braid out with the wig and it came out great!

      I've only tried one item from the Shea Moisture JBCO line, it was so-so, the scent--ugh, but a more thorough review will be coming soon.

      Delete
  2. Glad your wash day went well. Can't wait to see what your results for the wig are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your wig...without tweaks. I can't wait to see what tweaks you make though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay. She might make another debut next week.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Jay. The wig was okay without tweaks. But i'm waiting to see how it turns out though. What do you think of the CoN Moisture & Shine shampoo? I used it this wash day and I loved it.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I really like the CON shampoo especially the scent, I wanted the conditioner as well but I am having a hard time finding it

      Delete
  5. Awwww, no pics! Ahh well I look forward to seeing the tweaked wig whenever its ready! And it sounds like you'll have a really nice braid-out when you take down your braids :-D

    ReplyDelete