Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wash Day

026Pre-Poo| Parted my hair into 5 sections and applied coconut oil and detangled. Although I love braid/twist outs I think I am going to have to go easy on them, I had a lot of breakage and tangles and I was not a happy camper.

027

Co-cleanse| Mixed Tresemme Naturals, Safflower oil and Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo. I still hate the Awapuhi shampoo I have absolutely no luck with it no matter how I use it034

Protein| Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus left it on for 10 minutes and rinsed

Condition| Mixed Tresemme Naturals with WEN SixThirteen and coconut oil. Left it on for about 40 minutes and rinsed with cool water

Leave-Ins| Applied Safflower Oil and Cantu Shea Leave in to my damp hair

When my hair was about 70% dry I applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage serum and blow dried my hair on low heat to stretch out my roots. I was thinking that I may need to ditch my blow drier and invest in one that has a cool setting, but I rarely use it any way.

I put my hair into 2 cornrows and this is how I’ll be rocking my hair until next wash day

039

How was your most recent Wash Day?

How do you deal with breakage?

12 comments:

  1. Goodess braids for the win! You'll probably have a banging braid out when you take the braids down! What do you think of Safflower oil? I don't think that I've tried it.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like safflower oil, its a teeny tiny bit thicker than the consistency of Grapeseed oil. I love, love, love braids outs but I feel like I have been over manipulating my hair causing some breakage. I just need to give it a rest

      Delete
  2. I love your protective style. I like how you jazzed it up with a headband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was just being lazy though

      Delete
  3. That's a cute protective style. Your hair does not become brittle when you use protein often?

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use protein that often, I know this wash day I gave my hair a double dose with the shampoo and the redken, I didn't realize that until afterward. The only reason why I used protein this week is because I have been experiencing some breakage

      Delete
    2. And now I realize that the breakage is due to over manipulation

      Delete
    3. And now I realize that the breakage is due to over manipulation

      Delete
  4. I have experienced breakage with twists before. I understand where you are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THE STYLE you're rocking!!!

    Braidouts don't do great on my hair. My hair gets super dry and tangly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resenha maravilhosa amei os produtos é tudo de bom tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just did my hair like this today! (b4 seeing your post) I've been wearing my hair out a lot lately and just need to have it all tucked away for awhile. Hopefully it lasts for the week. Good look!

    ReplyDelete