Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Wash Day| She’s Back

[1] Shampoo: I have not clarified my hair since August so a deep cleanse was much needed this week. I used Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. I lathered twice concentrating on my007 scalp.

[2] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, peppermint oil, and lavender oil on my scalp and roots. I allowed it to sit on my hair for about 15 before applying my deep conditioner.

[3] Deep Conditioner: Used Crème of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. I covered my hair with a plastic bag followed by a warm towel and topped it off with a plastic cap for about 45 minutes and rinsed

[4] T-shirt dried for 15 minutes

[5] Leave-Ins: Sprayed ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer starting at the line of demarcation all the way down to my ends. Moisturized with Lottabody Moisturize Me

008

I air dried my hair about 80% and then blow-dried my hair on low. I was intending on flat-ironing my hair to trim my ends, but I do believe I am going to attempt to relax my hair next week so I’ll wait until then. 072

As you can tell from the title the wig is back---I named her Sheba, she says “Hey gurl, hey!” The hair was very dark so I lightened it and I am very happy with the results. I braided my hair so the wig could lay down nice and flat. I attempted a braid out with the wig and it came out really good, when I brushed out the hair it ended up having tons of volume and I didn’t want to look like a lioness so I ended up with two-strand twisted side ponytail.

071

Overall this was a good Wash Day, I really enjoy wearing a wig. You all don’t know the piece of mind I get when my hair is braided up, I don’t have to worry about fussing with it! My scalp seems happy too, it was itching and flaking up a storm last week.

I hope you all had a great Wash Day!

Be sure to share your experience over at Saving Our Strands or Just Grow Already!

The Wash Day Experience

19 comments:

  1. That's a cute name you gave her. I wish I could find a nice wig to rock. Yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was hesitant when I purchased because I never wore a wig in my life. Keep on looking you'll find one

      Delete
  2. How did you like the Lotta body Moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it and its super cheap compared to other moisturizers, I found it at my beauty supply store for $4.49

      Delete
  3. Girl, you could've fooled me! It looks so natural on you. It does say "hey girl, hey." Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheba's looking fabulous! Great job lightening and it looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lam, it looks more natural since I lightened it

      Delete
  5. Love the wig. I need to join you in wearing a wig so that I can hide my hair for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you will be happy you did! I get at least a half hour more sleep now that I don't have to do my hair in the morning

      Delete
  6. How did you lighten your wig? It looks great! And I love this style! I used to wear my hair in "Pochantas braids like this when I was first started experimenting with braids for a weekly protective style.

    What's your nighttime regmien like with your wig?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used a creme developer to lighten it. In total I say it took about 4 hours for the hair to go from jet black to about a medium/dark brown--- I learned that from watching hours of YouTube.

      My night time routine is a breeze!!! I just moisturize and seal every other night. Having the braids makes that super easy!

      Delete
  7. YES!!!! I love it. Looks very real...nothing about it says wig. What wig brand & wig style/name is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it from classiclacewigs.com its called Italian Yaki, its quite an investment. Hopefully I'll have a complete review of it on Monday

      Delete
  8. Very pretty! Definitely looks natural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this style! You look like Jasmine from Aladdin!

    Quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your braids look so healthy, and the wig gets me everytime! It looks so real! luv it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your braids. Your wig looks so natural. I may try wigging next week but I will start with a synthetic one first :).

    ReplyDelete