Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wash Day| Gettin’ Wiggy Wit’ It

062

[1] Pre-poo: Massaged a hot oil mix (safflower oil, avocado oil, grapefruit oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil) in my scalp then covered my strands with Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In Conditioner. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for 40 minutes and rinsed.

[2] Shampoo: Crème of Nature Moisture and Shine Shampoo. Lathered twice.

[3] Protein: Applied Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner starting on the line of demarcation on to the ends. I let it sit on my hair for about 5 minutes and rinsed. [Side note: this stuff is really good, it curbed some breakage that I was experiencing]

[4] Deep Conditioner: Applied OGX Argan Oil and Shea Butter Hair Mask and allowed it to sit for 40  minutes. Rinsed with cool water.

[5] Leave-in: Oiled my scalp with my oil mix, applied Cantu Shea Leave –In Conditioner and applied OGX Anti-breakage serum on my hair 063

I allowed my hair to air dry about 75% and then blow dried on low heat to stretch out my roots. Then I put my hair into some “Felicia” braids and put on a wig that I recently purchased.

This was my first wig ever and ya’ll should have seen me, I was a little too camera happy. Only in my dreams is my hair that long and healthy looking. She looks kinda wiggy and the hair is too dark, but I plan on making some alterations to make her more natural looking. All this made for a very eventful Wash Day, hope yours was great too!

064

The Wash Day Experience

17 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

    LMAO @ your Felicia braids!

    How long do you think that you'll use your wig? Do you have a special regimen that you follow?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet and I haven't made up a regimen yet. I'll let you know when I do though :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Harlem!! I really thought that was your hair when I first saw the pics before reading the whole post. She is definitely pretty! I also love Aubrey GPB conditioner. It's a staple protein for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wig, I also thought it was your hair before clicking on the link. Werk the camera girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wig?! Fooled me! When I saw the picture on the link up I honestly thought that was your hair! Neat! Ooooo grapefruit oil, I'm intrigued, what are its benefits for the hair/scalp, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I fooled everyone, hahaha! I literally just googled the benefits but it says it helps fight dandruff and promote shine. I just bought it because I wanted something to remind me of Summer lol

      Delete
  5. I am so happy you had a good wash day. She is beautiful and looks natural to me. I cannot wait to see what you do with it next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the texture is just like my relaxed hair.

      Delete
  6. Look at you using a few of my staples. We share that in common! I totally thought that was your hair. That wig fits you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great taste in hair products! And thanks!

      Delete
  7. That wig looks so natural I thought it was your hair too! Great wash day.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see how you improve the wig because it already suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lam, I really like it but the color is too dark, I need to find a way to lighten it

      Delete