Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wash Day| Easy Peasy

[1] Pre-poo: Hot Oil Treatment with a mixture of Safflower oil, Avocado oil, Eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil. Covered my hair for 30 minutes and rinsed.003

[2] Shampoo: Lathered 2 times using Nexxus Therappe Shampoo

[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, marshmallow root powder, grapefruit oil, and peppermint oil. I let it sit on my hair for a hot minute and rinsed

[4] Deep Conditioner: You know you’re a product junkie when you have things in your stash you don’t remember buying, smh. This week I used Hairveda Sitrinillah Deep Conditioning Hair Masque, who knows how long its been collecting dust, lol.  I covered my hair for about 45 minutes and rinsed with cool water.

[5] Leave-in: While my hair was still damp I massaged some safflower oil into my scalp and applied Pura Body Naturals Sapote Hair Lotion. The Sapote Hair Lotion is very similar to the Murmuru Moisture Milk.

My hair style was basically the same as last week. I am trying to keep my style as low maintenance as possible because I have been experiencing some breakage at the line of demarcation around my crown area. I am about 20 weeks post, no I didn’t plan it, I truly have had no time to relax my hair but I know I have to do it within the next week or two.  I’ll write a post on the breakage I have been experiencing and tell you all how I’m dealing with it for the time being.

I hope you all had a great wash day!

Any tips on dealing with breakage?

The Wash Day Experience

11 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the post on breakage I am well over 20 weeks post I think it's going on 25 or something I will have to recheck my posts for the exact number of weeks but it is well over 20. I have done 25 before and I think longer but I was always braiding throughout usually once I hit 12 weeks post I start protective styling in extensions but this time however I have had my hair out of braids for the last 3 months or thereabouts so I have had to learn how to be very gentle with my hair at this stage of my stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been learning the hard way to be more gentle with my hair

      Delete
  2. 20 weeks post is such a great milestone. I've gone 18weeks max. Looking forward to your relaxer results

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the breakage under control soon. Did you try any new product that might cause it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I don't think any products are the cause, its the way I have been handling my hair

      Delete
  4. Congrats on making it to 20 weeks post chica! That's amazing! What were your first impressions of Hairveda Sitrinillah?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the hairveda sitrinillah makes my hair feel really soft and it smells nice and citrus-y

      Delete
  5. That's awesome making it to 20 weeks, girlie! I'm sorry to hear about your breakage though. Where did you get your marshmallow root powder from and how long have you been using it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I want to say I've been using the marshmallow root powder sine April or May. I purchased it from herbco.com. I got the 1lb bag which is probably waaay more than I need

      Delete