Friday, October 24, 2014

Overwhelmed Much?

Recently I have been feeling extremely overwhelmed by my hair journey. Its as if I’m wandering aimlessly and I am not sure what my hair really needs. Sure my hair is in a much better state than it was a year or two ago, but I feel like I can be doing more. In fact, I feel like I don’t know enough--- hell, I feel like I don’t know anything.

Reading a million blogs written by women who seem to have this hair stuff and their regimen down is an okay resource. Purchasing products to see how they work for my hair through trial and error is okay, but it gets costly.

In the next coming weeks I am going to take a closer look at my current stash of products and actually narrow down the things that have really been effective--- I guess that may be a good place to start.

8 comments:

  1. It's so good to be reflective. That way you know when to just cut the extra stuff you don't need and get back to the basics/what works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, you know a lot more than you think you do right now. The proof is in the improvement you've noticed in your hair over time.
    That's a good game plan, decluttering should help give some perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope the decluttering works

      Delete
  3. I've been where you are right now and trust me it gets better. Going through your product stash and eliminating products that no longer work for you or their "just okay", is a great start. Keep your regimen extremely simple. This will allow you to really understand your hair and what it's telling you. Patience, simplicity and consistency are key. Let me know if you need any help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the advice and your blog has really helped alot.

      Delete
  4. I'll say stick to the basics that you know works. Don't try to over do. As the saying goes, if its not broke don't fix it. Good luck and stay positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tomes for the advice, I realized that I have been overdoing it. I think the most important thing is that I need to realize that my journey isn't going to be like everyone else's

      Delete