Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wash Day

038[1] Pre-Poo: Sectioned my hair off into 5 sections. Slathered Avocado Oil onto each section and detangled then slathered Tresemme Naturals and then braided each section. I put a plastic cap on my hair for about and hour then rinsed

[2] Shampoo: Lathered twice using Nexxus Therappe Shampoo.

[3] Condition: I was running low on Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie so I doctored it up the night before by adding a mix of Tresemme Naturals, Marshmallow Root Powder, and Aloe Vera Gel  just to get me through Wash Day. I put it on one section and immediately said “this is not going on any other section of my hair!” I immediately rinsed it out and that section felt so rough and brittle so I thought I could bounce it back with a another lather from Nexxus but, that was not the case. I ended up applying Roux Porosity Conditioner for five minutes to each section and rinsed which helped my hair immensely. I happened to scrap the remaining bit of Black Vanilla Conditioner to apply to the rest of my hair left it on for 10 minutes and rinsed.

040

[4] Leave-ins: Applied safflower oil to my wet hair followed by Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In

While I would have loved to give you “curls for the girls” I was just not feeling it. I absolutely hate wearing anything that gets in the way of a good night’s sleep, I work out everyday and I refuse to spend hours on a style that is only gonna last one day. So my roots were put into flat two-strand twists and the length of my hair was in braids. So it was a two-strand twist that turned into a braid, hopefully you get the idea.

041

016

Just call me Wild Thang! In hindsight, I should have twisted my whole head but I had no idea on how to secure the ends. I really like that my roots looked like little spiral curls.018

How was your Wash Day?

Any tips for getting a perfect twist-out?

The Wash Day Experience

11 comments:

  1. Twist out is on my to do list. I like how you twisted your hair. I'll borrow this technique from you. You got great definition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love the texture when I do braid out or twist outs

      Delete
  2. Secure them on perm rods or bantu knots! My natural little cousin does it all the time and gets the most amazing curly fro.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I don't know why I didn't think of that especially when I see it all the time

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks beautiful. The curl pattern is awesome.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's what I call a natural beauty! You look beautiful without makeup. Thanks for the tips on Aloe Vera Gel. I need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I seem to be adding aloe vera gel to everything

      Delete
    2. I will try adding it to my shampoo.

      Delete