Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wash Day

September is here and I just love the themes for this month! The first week is all about trying a new product or technique. I opted to try out Carol’s Daughter Olive Oil Infusion, I had it for a while but never used it. This product  is all about softening and detangling hair in an effort to aid in relaxer stretching, and at 15 weeks post I can use all the help I can! 039

I began by parting my hair in 4 sections:

[1] Pre-poo: Carol’s Daughter Olive Oil Infusion Softening Hair Oil and detangled my hair then I applied the Detangling Hair Smoothie. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for an hour.

[2] Shampoo: Used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo. I lathered twice because the scent of the ylang ylang from the Olive Oil Infusion was unbearable!

[3] Deep Conditioner: I mixed Tresemme Moisture Rich conditioner, coconut oil, Aloe Vera gel and a few drops of grapefruit oil. I applied the mix to my hair and covered it with a plastic cap for two hours.

[4] Leave-Ins: Sprayed my hair with Crème of Nature Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner and sealed with a whipped Shea butter recipe I found.

Overall, this was a good Wash Day. The Olive Oil Infusion was okay besides the scent, it was very strong! But the technique something simple that you can recreate at home by just using your favorite oil and conditioner and a plastic cap to lock the moisture into your hair. I’m glad I got it for free because its not something that I would buy. I hope You all had a great wash day!

What new product/technique have you tried with your hair this week?

The Wash Day Experience

6 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try out the Carol's Daughter Line. Out of the three which was your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a toss up between the Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie and the conditioner.... I'm a sucker for conditioners though lol

      Delete
  2. Two hours? This is some extreme deep conditioning. I love using TREsemme too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I lost track of time catching up on one of my favorite shows

      Delete
  3. 15 Weeks -- go girl!! I'm glad you had a great wash day. I love long DCing sessions but I try to stick to 30 mins now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally borrowed the "layering oil over conditioner" tip from Carol's Daughter. I absolutely SWEAR by that technique now!

    Thanks for sharing chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete