Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wash Day| Tried & True

My hair and I have not been on the best of terms since I started working out. My hair has been dry and this new growth has been hard to tackle so I was dreading this wash day until I came up with the idea of washing my hair in braids. This week’s Wash Day theme is all about using your Tried and True products. My Wash Day can never go wrong with using Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie and the Shampoo.022

I prepared my hair by lightly misting a mix of Aloe Vera Gel, Water, and grapefruit essential oil in to my hair. I put my hair into about 20-something braids the night before my wash day.

[1] Pre-poo: Slathered Avocado Oil on my hair and then applied Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Restoring Hair Mask. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 40 minutes and rinsed.

[2] Shampoo: Lathered twice with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo.

[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, marshmallow root powder, aloe vera gel, and a few drops of grapefruit oil (my new fave essential oil) and peppermint oil into my hair and allowed it to sit for about 20 minutes. (did not rinse it out)

[4] Deep Conditioner: Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie. Allowed it to sit for 40 minutes and rinsed with cool water

[5] Leave-Ins: Annabelle’s Leave-In Conditioner, applied Herbal Essence Split End Protector on the last 4 inches of my hair, and sealed with a whipped Shea butter

Washing and drying my hair in braids made this wash day super easy, and I got a cute braid out, which is my tried and true hairstyle. I simply love the texture I get!

077

How Was Your Most Recent Wash Day?

What products do you count on to make your wash day a little easier?

Be sure to share and link up!

The Wash Day Experience

6 comments:

  1. Hi Harlem, working out can do a number on my hair too. Congrats on returning to working out. I actually do a mid-week wash to boost hydration and remove sweat from my hair. Loving the braidout wave you got going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also use HESEP on my ends as opposed to my whole head. That's extremely smart to end up with a nice braid out, by washing in braids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIMPLY BRILLIANT!!! I wanna be a braidout queen like you when I grow up! I'm loving that scarf headband too.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so want to try the Carol's Daughter black vanilla line every time I read one of your wash day posts. Love the braid out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can always count on my V05 Herbal Escapes Clarifying conditioner. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the texture of your hair. I've only tried a braidout once. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete