Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wash Day—#FlexiZone

Hello ladies, its our favorite time of the week!

So last week I decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle, in doing so I have been working out every.day. So with my sweaty workouts and this miserable heat my hair, well my roots, were incredibly dry and a little stinky.

I started this Wash Day by parting my hair into 7 sections and detangled.

[1] Pre-poo: I applied a mix of Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut oil on my hair and let it sit 034on my hair for about an hour and a half.

[2] Shampoo: I didn’t rinse the pre-poo out like I usually do, instead I applied Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo in to my hair. I only lathered once.

[3] Tea Rinse: I sprayed a mix of green tea, marshmallow root powder, lavender oil, and peppermint oil. I allowed the tea rinse to stay on my roots for about 5 minutes before rinsing.

[4] Deep Conditioner: I missed when I used to mix up my conditioner so this week I decided to bring that back. I mixed up Tresemme Naturals, Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie, Coconut oil, and Aloe Vera Gel. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for about and hour and half. Rinsed with cool water and t-shirt dried for about 15 minutes.

[5] Leave-Ins: Sprayed Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Leave-In conditioner in Vanilla Bean, Grapeseed Oil, and sealed it in with a Whipped Shea Butter recipe I found.

My hair was still damp when I prepared to put my flexirods in for the first time. I put my hair into 7 ponies and put a  grey flexirod in each one and allowed to to dry overnight.091

I am so happy with the results of my Wash Day, my roots are stretched and my hair is nicely moisturized. At first, I did not like the results of the flexirod set but then I thought to separate the strands so it turned out much better. To preserve the hairstyle, I plan on just pinning it up.

090

Hope you ladies had a great Wash Day

The Wash Day Experience

13 comments:

  1. These curls rock! Brit over at The Pinnacle project has been preserving her hair with pin curls. I wonder if that would work for flexi-rod curls too?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pin curling it helped... I wonder what its gonna look like after this workout though :(

      Delete
  2. Your curls came out great! I can hear flexi rods calling my name....about to answer lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how i prefer to rock my flexi's with curls on the ends mainly. It came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't know what I was doing, I wish they were closer to my roots though. I'm in a humid area so my roots puffed up

      Delete
  4. This looks great. I think I need to try flexi-rods soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. this is actually my first time trying flexis but I really like them

      Delete
  5. Curlicious girll!!! I agree with Lydz, I think im catching flei rod fever lol :)

    Hairlengthreality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting about the tea rinses. Your hair looks nice.

    ReplyDelete