Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wash Day

I started off my Wash Day by parting my hair into for sections129

[1] Pre-poo: Slathered Avocado Oil on my hair and scalp and detangled each section of my hair then I applied WEN SixThirteen and covered my hair with a plastic bag for about 45 minutes.

[2] Shampoo: Used my Babassu Marshmallow Shampoo bar to lather my hair once and rinsed.

[3] Protein Treatment: Used Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus. I left it on for about 7 minutes and then rinsed

[4] Conditioner: Applied Tresemme Naturals conditioner and covered with a plastic bag for about 45 minutes and rinsed with cool water. 

[5] Leave-ins: (L) Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Moisturizing Leave-in Conditioner in Vanilla Bean, (O) Grapeseed Oil, (C) Annabelle’s Perfect Blends Moisturizing Hair Crème in Honey Almond (hate the scent)127

I was debating on what hairstyle I wanted to rock, I was thinking about trying out my flexi rods, but I did not feel like sleeping in them and possibly waking up with damp hair so I opted for my usual braid out. Last Wash Day I failed to properly stretch my new growth so it was a pain during the week when I tried to moisturize my hair. This week I was on a mission to stretch this new growth to capacity Honey! I put my hair in to 12 ponies and braided each one. I absolutely love the texture I get from a braid out!

130

I hope you all had a great Wash Day!

The Wash Day Experience

17 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so shiny and strong. Tresemme Naturals is one of my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great. That braid out is to die for :)

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your braid out is gorggg Harlem :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could achieve braid outs like that! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are super easy, its been my go to style anytime I wear my hair out. Check out my tutorial here---> http://harlemhhj.blogspot.com/2014/06/your-best-braid-out-ever.html

      Delete
  5. Sooooo pretty!
    How long did it take for the braids to dry? The hair under my ponytail holders when I'm banding just NEVER seems to dry in a reasonable amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair was kind of damp but not sopping wet.. I would say it was about 60-70% dry. It took a while to braid so some parts were drier than others. but I kept them in over night and they were fine in the morning. If its still kind if wet, I would blow dry it on low

      Delete
  6. LOVE
    THIS
    LOOK!

    What a brilliant idea for a cute style and super stretched roots!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I HAD to stretch these roots because my new growth was becoming a pain to deal with lol

      Delete
  7. The braidout turned out cute. Shoot at 13 weeks post I was my hair in multiple ponytails and just leave it to air dry when I'm done. Quick and easy braid out. LOL
    Tiki | Grow It Girl

    ReplyDelete