Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wash Day

For the first time in a long time I finally has the whole weekend to do my hair, but leave it up to me to wait until Sunday evening to start on my hair *shrugs*. I ransacked my stash for some products that I had not used for a while (because I did not like them) and hoped for the best.

[1] Sectioned my hair into 4. Slathered my scalp and hair with coconut oil  and detangled. Hair sopping with oil is the best time to remove all shed hairs! I topped it off with Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie and let it sit for 45 minutes before rinsing with cool water016

[2] Shampooed my hair twice with L’Oreal Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo

[3] Sprayed a mix of green tea, marshmallow root powder, lavender oil, and peppermint oil directly on my scalp and let it sit for 5 minutes before applying Tresemme Naturals conditioner. Left it on for about 45 minutes an rinsed with cool water.017

[4] (L) Crème of Nature Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner, (O) Grapeseed Oil, (C) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and put my hair into 4 braids

It was a relatively simple Wash Day, I thought at 12 weeks post I shouldn’t use products that I had no luck with before but the L’Oreal shampoo and the Hair Smoothie didn’t give me any problems. I wish I would have banded my hair instead to stretch out my roots though. But how was your Wash Day?

The Wash Day Experience

2 comments:

  1. As much as I love Pura, the hair smoothie isn't my friend! I tried many times and just eventually gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't like it so much either. I was mixing it with other conditioners just so I could get rid of it. It actually worked decently this time around but maybe only because I put a layer of coconut oil on my hair before applying the hair smoothie.

      Delete