Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wash Day

128[1] Pre-poo: Sprayed my roots with my tea/detangler mix (green tea, marshmallow root powder, peppermint oil, and lavender oil. I allowed it to sit on my hair for 5 minutes before slathering grapeseed oil on all of my hair. I allowed it to sit on my hair for an hour

[2] Shampoo: Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. Only lathered once.

[3]Deep Conditioner: Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Restoring Hair Mask, covered my hair with plastic cap for 90 minutes and rinsed with cool water.

[4] Leave-ins: (L) Crème of Nature Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner, (O) Grapeseed Oil, (C) Pura Body Naturals129

Allowed my hair to air dry. I applied Smooth N’Shine Polisher to prepare for the best part of this Wash Day… Flat Iron Time! Yeah I wasn’t all that excited either but I have been itching to do a little snip, snip. I used to use Faye’s self-trim method to trim my hair but I just put it in a ponytail and snipped away. I don’t care if I have U-shaped or V-shaped ends, I just need them to look good. After I trimmed my ends I topped it off with Nexxus Pro-Mend Split End Binding Serum.

135

I have been on this hair journey for over a year and recently, I have been focused on the overall health of my hair. I am working on the health of my nape area, I cut about an inch off to give it a good start. I also have to monitor how I wear my hair making sure to switch up the positioning of my ponytails and buns.137

 

Overall, this was a pretty good Wash Day, I am set to relax my hair next week, but I think I’m gonna drag it out to 16 weeks.

How was your Wash Day?

Name one hair goal you would like to accomplish this year?

The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great. One goal? Great question. I would like to work on my nape as well. I have so many things I wanna work on but won't bore you with a list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nape looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a small world! I use Faye's instructions to get my U-shaped cut too! I also read somewhere that U-shaped cuts make you look slimmer. Too bad that we don't wear our hair down enough for it to matter. LOL.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nape looks great. I use Faye's instructions as well

    ReplyDelete