Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wash Day

I enjoyed my two days of curls last week. I want to try it again, I just want to make sure I have to right products so they can last longer. This week I went back to basics, as far as my hair style is concerned. I’m about 8 weeks post and my new growth is becoming  a little harder to manage. I know that during my last relaxer stretch using KLP’s nifty co-cleanser recipe as well as using hot oil  as a pre-poo treatments helped me get through my stretch. I think I am going to take up those two things when I hit 10 weeks.019

[1] Tea Pre-poo: I sprayed a mix of 2 bags of green tea, 1/2 teaspoon of Marshmallow root powder, 4 drops of peppermint oil, 6 drops of lavender oil,  and 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil directly into my roots and  slathered Grapeseed oil in my strands, covered my hair with a plastic cap while I walked to the corner store in the sweltering heat. Who needs a hooded dryer in 90 degree weather?! I kept the cap on for about 40 minutes and rinsed.

[2] Cleanse: Lathered my hair once with my Babassu Marshmallow Shampoo bar. I am going to use this one more time before I review it.

[3] Deep Conditioner: Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie. The way that I like to use this is slather each section of my hair and then rinse it out while detangling at the same time and then slather some more on my hair and cover with a plastic cap. I lost track of how long I had the conditioner in my hair because I was catching up the first season of Orange Is The New Black. I rinsed it all out with cool water020

[4] Leave-Ins: While my hair was still damp I sprayed it with ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer. I also revisited Pura Body Naturals MuruMuru  Moisture Milk because I ran out of Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk, why not use up some stuff from the stash, right?, I sealed it all in with the ceramide of the week --Safflower oil.036

I parted my hair into 6 sections and braided each section. I’m pretty sure I don’t need to tell you hat hairstyle I’m rocking…035

Hope you all had a lovely Wash Day!

If your participating in Jen and Divahcyk’s 30 Days With Ceramide Challenge, what ceramide products did you use this Wash Day?

The Wash Day Experience

15 comments:

  1. Very nice results, I love a good braid out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The braid out is totally your signature style chica! I love how effortless and chic it looks on you!

      Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

      KLP | SavingOurStrands

      Delete
    2. thanks ladies. I love a good braid out too, I am trying to get more creative with my hair styles though

      Delete
  2. ong. your hair is giving me so much life!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss8zGqUZbsk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started using safflower oil to seal my hair and I'm really liking it. Love your braid outs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much. I have had this safflower oil for a while, I am glad Jen and Divachyk started the 30 day ceramide challenge

      Delete
  4. Your braid out turned out nice. I used grapeseed and hemp oil this past wash day.
    Tiki | Grow It Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot. I like grapeseed as well, never tried hemp oil though

      Delete
  5. your braid out turned out great. I love BO's that are carefree with loose waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it looks best when it has loose waves as well.

      Delete
  6. You look amazing. Your hair looks equally amazing. Work it giryal!!! Fiyah. Thanks for the shoutout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what goodness you're serving this week!

    ReplyDelete