Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wash Day

Looking back on my past wash days I just think to myself, “why do I add so many darn steps to make washing my hair take longer than it needs to?” Last week I had a pretty decent wash day that didn’t take forever and my hair managed to remain moisturized and soft, so this week I decided to just co-wash again.013

[1] Pre-poo: Parted my hair into 4 sections and applied Tresemme Naturals on my hair and sealed it in with safflower oil. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 2 hours and rinsed.

[2] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea, marshmallow root, peppermint oil, and lavender oil directly into my roots. I allowed it to sit for about 7 minutes and then rinsed.

[3] Co-Wash: Used Tresemme Naturals to cowash each section of my hair and then rinsed, for the second rinse I applied Aussie Moist 3 Minute Deeeep Conditioner on my hair left it on for about  5 minutes and rinsed with cool water making sure I did not rinse all of the conditioner out of my hair.

[4] Leave-Ins: sprayed my hair with Crème of Nature Strength and Shine Leave-In Conditioner, applied Pura Body Naturals Murmuru Moisture Milk, and sealed with safflower oil. I started my wash day pretty late and did not feel like going to bed with damp hair so I blow dried my hair on low heat.017

I am officially over Wash Days that take up half, if not, my whole day! I will be taking a closer look at my Wash Day Regimen to see how I can simplify it.

The Wash Day Experience

How was your wash day?

Any tips on how to simplify my Wash Day?

5 comments:

  1. I feel you, I remember when I use to take all day to wash my hair, but now it only takes me about 2-3 hours depending on what style I want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not the only one! My wash days used to take up my whole day while I was at the suite/dorms because my roommates had to share a shower. But, since I bought a conditioning cap, I'm only pre-pooing or dc-ing my hair for 1hr maximum. Maybe that will help minimize your wash day time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been keeping my wash days short too. You can deep condition on dry hair overnight if you don't want the wash day to be too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord knows that I have better things to do then to be washing my hair all day! I'm an avocate of overnight deep conditioning! And now that I have caruso steam rollers, I can rinse in the am, detangle and set my hair for curls in about 90 minutes. #winning!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started using the Creme of Nature strength and shine leave in and I love love it.

    ReplyDelete