Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wash Day

This heat and crazy humidity has not been good to my hair, mid-week I had to do a mini co-wash session. At 9 weeks post, this is the point where it gets real. This week I opted to focus on moisture.

[1] Pre-poo: Parted my hair into 5 sections. Applied Herbal Essences Hello Hydration directly to my roots and sealed it in with Avocado Oil. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for a hour and rinsed046

[2] Tea Rinsed: Sprayed a mixture of green tea, marshmallow root, lavender oil and peppermint oil directly into my roots and scalp. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 10 minutes and rinsed

[3] Co-Wash: Used Tresemme Naturals  Conditioner to co-wash each section of my hair. I forgot how good this was. 047

[4] Leave-ins: While my hair was still damp I sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on my roots and last 3 inches of my hair. Applied Pura Body Natural MuruMuru Moisture milk and sealed it in with safflower oil.

I put each section in a ponytail and did two strand twists and let it air dry. My hair officially loves me again. Smile

 How wash your wash day?

The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. Do I detect a little protein layering in this wash day? *wink wink* LOL.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love marshmallow root. It's so softening to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing so much about the marshmallow roots, I need to get on board. If only we could fight mother nature. I have problems with the humidity to:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nominated you for an award girl. check it out!

    ReplyDelete