Saturday, July 5, 2014

Review: As I Am Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner

Price: $15.99 (8oz) at Sally Beauty

Claims: “Scheduled maintenance with this deep-down hydrating and fortifying treatment is a must for strong, shiny, soft, springy coils and curls. This rich pen039etrating conditioner is an exceptional formula that moisturizes the dry places, smoothes the rough areas, strengthens the weak spots and gives shine where there is dull.”

Ingredients: Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) and Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine)¹, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil², Coco-Caprylate², Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin¹, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Phytosterols¹, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract¹ (Green Tea), Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract¹, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract¹, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Stalk Extract¹, Fragrance/Parfum, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glucose, Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase, Abies Balsamea (Balsam Canada) Extract¹, Limonene
Source: 1-Natural, 2-Coconut

As you all know, I am a sucker for a good deep conditioner. So I am always on the hunt for the next best thing as far as my hair is concerned. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the As I Am hair line, a lot of people swear by the Coconut Cowash, but I decided to try out Hydration Elation Intensive Conditioner, there was something about the name that really drew me in.

I purchased this on my last relaxer stretch to keep my new growth moisturized, but I had only used it as a pre-poo treatment and only applied it to my roots. It worked pretty decently, but the thing that kept me from using it on my whole head was the scent, it was a little citrusy and pastry-like, it wasn’t horrible but it also wasn’t something that I wanted my hair to smell like all day. When I finally got around to using it on my whole head, I found that the scent goes away as you wash it out.

The conditioner is thick and creamy which I always love. I have used it as a pre-poo on dry hair and it softens your new growth but I find that it works best when my hair is damp, it seems to penetrate more and it provides great slip when I need to detangle my hair.

The only thing that I don’t like about this, is the price. For 8oz of product, 16 bucks is a lot. I think I got about 3 pre-poo treatments (on my roots only) and about 3 deep conditioning treatments for my whole hair, not bad, but not the best. This is a great moisturizing, deep conditioner that really lives up to its name. I would not mind repurchasing again, but only if it’s on sale!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've nominated you for the sunshine blogger award!
    http://www.ghanaianemprezz.com/2014/07/sunshine-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thorough reviews! I agree that price is a little steep but your hair seems to really like it!

    I had a terrible experience with the Co-cleanser. I doubt that I'd be able to convince myself to try anything else from them.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete