Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Your Best Braid Out… Ever!

Summer is almost here and as far as hairstyles are concerned its all about big, carefree styles. Its too hot to pull out any curling irons and you need a style that is easy to maintain and most importantly, one that can get you out the door faster so you can enjoy the summer fun! Here’s some tips to your best braid out… ever, trust me.

[1] Moisturize and seal your hair with your favorite products. I use Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk and my fave oil mix. You can also choose to use a holding product such as Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. The only time I use the Curl Enhancing Smoothie is if I am doing a braid out on dry hair.

[2] Part your hair into 2 to 4 sections, which ever one works for you. I usually do 2.

[3] Cornrow each section. Can’t cornrow if your life depended on it? Put more sections in your hair and plait each section Smile

*Note: I’ve noticed the waves in my hair are defined if I cornrow it while its damp*

[4] Pin your ends to the opposite side

190

Before unraveling your braids, make sure you have a product to protect your dangling ends. I put either Organix Coconut Milk Anti-breakage serum or Nexxus Pro-Mend serum on the tips of my fingers and then unravel my braids making sure the product covers at least the last 3 inches of my hair. This ensures that my ends are protected when rubbing up against my clothing.

056

There you have it! Your Best braid-out ever in four easy steps!

059

Preserving Your Braid Out

Personally, I sleep a little wild at night so to preserve my hair I either re-braid it or put two flat twists in my hair. Some girls opt to pineapple their hair at night but that has not worked for me. If your second day braid out is not as defined as you like, put it into a cute up-do. There are tons of styles that you can do with a braid out. What ever style you choose to rock, your hair is going to have more volume and texture.

What’s your go-to style this summer?

1 comment: