Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wash Day

This week I’m switching things up a bit. Shedding and an itchy scalp have been plaguing me for yet another week and I am not a happy camper. I believe the culprit of my itchy scalp is my oil mix. I just threw the rest out and made a new smaller batch. My tea rinses seem to work on wash day but 2 to 3 days later hair seems to be everywhere and I am not over manipulating my hair because I’ve kept the same low bun style all week. Starting to think its stress…002

[1] Pre-poo:  I got the idea of doing a tea rinse as a pre-poo from Divachyk over at Relaxed Thairapy hopefully it makes a difference. I parted my hair in four sections and applied my tea rinse with an applicator bottle focusing on my scalp and roots.  My tea rinse consisted of 2 bags of green tea, a few drops of lavender oil and peppermint oil, and a few drops of glycerin. Then I slathered coconut oil on my tea drenched hair and let it sit for about 40 minutes with a plastic cap on. Rinsed with lukewarm water.

[2] Cleanse: Used Babassu Marsh Mallow Shampoo bar one time on each section. Rinsed.

[3] Tea Rinse: Applied my tea rinse to my scalp and roots again, I allowed it to sit on my hair for about 3 minutes before applying my deep conditioner on top of it.

[4] Deep Conditioner: Applied As I Am Hydration Elation to each section. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for an hour and rinsed with cool water.

[5] Leave-Ins: Used Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk on my strands, applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-breakage Serum to the last 3 inches of my hair and massaged my fresh oil mix into my scalp.

I let my hair air dry and the next day I flat-ironed my hair because my mother (a.k.a The Ultimate Hater) said it looked uneven…It’s not, but I do need to work on my nape area, any tips? Anywho, I ending up rocking a low bun and a side bang, nothing special.

014

 

For now the itchies are at bay and I’ll update how my double dose of tea rinses worked out for me next week.

Having any “hair” issues this week?

The Wash Day Experience

9 comments:

  1. I had shedding AND breakage issues last week and did a coffee rinse and focused on strengthening conditioner to combat the problems and I think that worked so far (2 days in)... Have you tried a coffee rinse before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried a coffee rinse. Does the coffee smell linger any, I don't wanna walk around smelling like Starbucks lol

      Delete
  2. My nape is a problem area also, maybe you can try doing that area every other touch-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought of that. How does that work though?

      Delete
  3. My shedding has been crazy over the last 2 weeks so i'm going to do a protein treatment next weekend. if that doesn't help i'll be back to tea rinses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that. I will be sure to incorporate a protein treatment this week and see if I notice anything

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also try tackling the shedding from inside as you said. It could be a combination of factors so do check for how you can limit the stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a pre-wash tea rinse! You guys come up with the GREATEST ideas! Try a black tea rinse to curb the shedding and for a light protein treatment then see how your hair feels.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete