Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wash Day

To be honest, I neglected my hair week. By the time this Wash Day came around my hair was begging for any form of moisture. A sprinkler shower, a raindrop, anything besides the sweat coming out of my scalp and face from this hot weather.

[1] Pre-poo: Parted my hair into 3 sections and slathered coconut oil into each section and 183detangled my hair. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and let it sit on for about an hour and then rinsed

[2] Shampoo: Used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate Free Shampoo on each section two times

[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of green tea and peppermint oil into my hair focusing on the roots. I left it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing

[4] Deep Condition: Applied As I Am Hydration Elation to my hair. Covered it with a plastic cap and left it on for over an hour and rinsed with cool water

[5] Leave-Ins: Moisturized my hair with Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk, applied Nexxus Pro-Mend Serum to the last two inches and sealed everything in with my oil mix.184

This week’s Wash Day Experience theme is all about air drying. For the most part I always air dry, but the way that I do it changes as I get deeper in to a stretch. In the first 5 weeks post touch up, I don’t have any issues as far as air drying my hair. When I hit 6 to 10 weeks post, that is when air drying is a pain. But over the past couple of months I have adopted new techniques such as banding my hair to stretch my new growth. At 4 weeks post, air drying is a breeze.

After rinsing the conditioner out of my hair, I soak up the excess water with a t-shirt. I leave it on for twenty to thirty minutes. I like to apply my leave-ins while my hair is still damp. My hair was a bit too damp for me to put my hair in braids, so I let it dry a little bit more in 4 two-strand twists before cornrowing each section for my braid out.

How was your most recent Wash Day?

When does air drying become a pain for you?

186
The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. wow your braidout looks great! my wash day was the bomb.com :-)
    i usually air dry with my hair wrapped up in a bun, and lo and behold the middle stays damp. i'm going to try twists like yours, with hair clips at the end. genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! I'm dying from this right here>>> "A sprinkler shower, a raindrop, anything besides the sweat"

    Your braid outs are gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those curls! I really like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely braidout!! I airdry only in rollers, I cannot dry it any other way, my hair hates me if I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the twist out, the definition looks like it could be a braidout!

    ReplyDelete