Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wash Day

Hellllooo June! This year seems like it is flying by so fast! I was so happy for this Wash Day to come, after my Lazy Wash Day last week my scalp was itching something serious, and let’s not even talk about the shedding. I was going to co-wash my hair but decided my scalp could use a good cleansing! I parted my hair into three sections and proceeded with my Wash Day:

[1] Since I am participating in Hairlista’s Coconut Oil Challenge I made sure to slather062r some coconut oil into the three sections. I covered my hair with a plastic bag followed by a plastic cap and allowed it to sit on my hair for about 40 minutes. I did not rinse it out…

[2] I sprayed some water in my hair while I still had my coconut oil pre poo in my hair just to make my hair damp and then I shampooed my scalp with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free shampoo and rinsed. Followed it up with a second shampoo focusing on the strands of my hair and rinsed

[3] Sprayed a mix of green tea and peppermint oil into each section of my hair. I lest most of the excess drip into the sink and let an old t-shirt soak up the rest and let the tea sit on my hair for about 10 minutes. I did not rinse it out.

[4] I applied a mix of Aussie Moist, Coconut oil, peppermint oil, and Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla conditioner to my hair. Covered it with a  plastic cap and let it sit for about 2 hours and rinsed with cool water.

[5] I moisturized my hair using Carol’s Daughter Hair milk, applied Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum on the last 2 inched of my hair and sealed it all in with my oil mix.

I know the theme this week was heat-free curls but I realized I don’t own any rollers or flexi rods (definitely going to add them to my wish list), not even one of those old school hair rollers! I have a curling iron but I wasn’t even going to bother. I am not much of a curl-girl anyway. Buuut… I did flat iron my bang into a semi-curl and rocked a two-strand twist in a low bun and called it a day. No more itchy scalp and my shedding is under control, that’s sounds like a Wash Day hit to me Smile

086

How was your most recent Wash Day?

Which Wash Day Experience theme are you most excited about?

 

Be sure to link up your Wash Day experience!

The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. Definitely a Wash Day hit when you can get those two issues under control. Itchy scalps can drive you crazy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this wash day was definitely a hit! Your hair looks soooo soft!

    Thanks for linking up your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a pretty good wash day, girlie! I'm with you on that itchy scalp. I'm washing my hair tonight and can't wait to be relieved of the itchies lol.

    *adding that Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo to my wishlist, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Itchy scalp can be such a pain, glad that's over.

    ReplyDelete