Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wash Day

This Wash Day was pretty uneventful, in fact I was debating whether or not to wash my hair or hold out for another week.
[1] Pre-poo: Slathered some coconut oil on my hair, put a plastic cap on and left it for about 45 minutes and rinsed056

[2] Shampoo: I was thinking about just co-washing my hair since I just touched up my roots last week but I just went on and used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate Free Shampoo 2x’s. I can’t complain, this is by far the best sulfate free shampoo that I have used. It cleanses your hair and gives a boost of moisture as well.

[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of Green Tea, Peppermint Oil, and Lavender Oil on my hair. Covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 20-25 minutes and rinsed.

[4] Conditioner: I used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Conditioner leaving it on my hair for about an hour. A tip I learned from my last relaxer stretch:  rinse with cool water and never rinse out all of the conditioner Smile

[5] Leave-ins: Applied Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk and then used Nexxus Pro-Mend  Split End Binding Serum on about the last 3 inches of my hair and sealed everything in with my oil mix.
I let my hair air dry about 80% before putting my hair in two cornrows.
How was your Wash Day?

The Wash Day Experience

4 comments:

  1. IDK if I ever asked but do you rinse out your tea before you deep condition or just layer it on? Every time that I read your posts, I kick myself for forgetting to use my stash of Carols Daughter. One of these days I'll remember!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just depends, sometimes I rinse it out sometimes i just layer it on

      Delete
  2. Great wash day! I tend to love the not so eventful washes :D Happiness in hair heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having lots of luck spritzing with tea before starting wash day. Tea rinses rock!
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete