Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Wash Day

11 weeks post. I told myself I was going to touch up my roots next week but I’m still on the fence. For some strange reason I just don’t feel like going through the hassle of relaxing my hair. In the past I am usually amped to relax my hair but maintaining my new growth has been a breeze… *shrugs* We’ll see… On to this week’s Wash Day:

[1] Pre-poo: Hot oil treatment with a mix of avocado oil, safflower oil, and peppermint oil. I had some grocery shopping to do today so instead of prolonging my Wash Day, I put the warmed oil on my scalp and hair, detangled, and covered it with a plastic cap and put a scarf on top of that and then threw my hat and hoodie on and I was good to go. I had it on my head for about 3 hours or so…Picture 021

[2] Cleanse: I co-cleansed my hair this week using a mixture of Hello Hydration, Organix Awapuhi Ginger, and Coconut Oil. Since I have never had a good experience using the Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo I added some glycerin to the mix.

[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed a mix of Green Tea and Peppermint Oil on my scalp and hair and let it sit for about 7 minutes and rinsed.

[4] Deep Condition: I wanted to have the same DC results I got last Wash Day so mixed up the remainder of my Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner, Aussie Moist 3 Minute Conditioner and a little bit of Tresemme Naturals and glycerin. I put a plastic cap on may head and left it on for about 2 hours.

[5] Leave- In: While my hair was still damp I sprayed ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer concentrating on my ends. Applied Sweet Nature by Eddie Dream Cream with MSM to my scalp and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on my strands and sealed it in with My Honey Child Honey Love Moisturizer.

I let my hair dry in three little buns about 95% and then blow dried my hair on low to stretch my new growth I ended up looking like Lion King #BigHurrDontCurrr! This Wash Day was pretty good. I really like the volume that I have!Picture 022
The Wash Day Experience

10 comments:

  1. I love the volume too. What's your feelings on Glycerin? Did it make any difference in the final results?

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glycerin and adding a bit more conditioner to the mix made a difference. The first time I used the Awapuhi i Ginger in a co-cleanser mix my hair felt extremely stripped but this time my hair was really soft. Now I know what to do when I use that shampoo. I can't thank you enough for the co-cleanser recipe, I am on a mission to clean out my stash!

      Delete
  2. Hi Harlem! Saw your link on the wash day experience linkup. I've never actually mixed conditioners, I'll definitely try that soon. I'm loving how big your hair looks. Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mixing my conditioners not to mention I am trying to use up alot of the products that I have

      Delete
  3. I also love the volume.

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I think that's the best thing about stretching out your relaxer-- the amazing volume you get

      Delete
  4. So happy you had a great wash day, Harlem! And your hair looks so nice and healthy. My hair was looking like Lion King yesterday lol. My baby boy just stared and giggled at me until I put it up in a bun!

    That co-cleanser recipe looks like a winner. This week I added more conditioner to mine, but I never thought of adding glycerine. I have a fresh bottle ready to break out for my spring/summer moisturizing mix, so I might have to give that tip a try.

    Cheers to stretching out your relaxer, love! Don't you just love the results? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a great wash day -- I love it when things go right!
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete