Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wash Day

I am currently 14 weeks post…whew! I think I am going to hold out for another two weeks before touching up my roots. I want to wait to make sure I have enough growth because it looks or feels like I have more growth in certain sections of my hair.

[1] Pre-Poo: I applied As I Am Hydration Elation on my new growth and ends and sealed it all in with an hot oil mix made of Avocado Oil, Safflower Oil, Peppermint Oil, and Lavender Oil. I put a plastic cap on and left it on for about 2 hours.

[2] Shampoo: I massaged Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo in to my scalp and left the run off suds clean the length of my hair.

[3] Tea Rinse:  Sprayed a mixture of Green Tea, Lavender Oil, and Peppermint oil into my roots and let it sit for about 5 minutes before rinsing

[4] Deep Conditioner: I used Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Restoring Hair Mask put a plastic cap on and left it on for about an hour and a half and rinsed with cool water. I let my hair dry in my t-shirt for about 20 minutes before applying leave-ins

[5] Leave-Ins: Applied Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk and sealed it in with my oil mixture. and let my hair air dry in bands.

I don’t know what it is, but I have been having really good Wash Days lately, maybe my hair is holding more moisture due to the weather warming up, whatever it is I will not complain.

How Was Your Most Recent Wash  Day?
The Wash Day Experience

12 comments:

  1. I just love that pump top on your oil mix! What a clever idea! *Fist pump* for easy wash days!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience darling!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually an old WEN bottle, I just reused it so my oil mix lasts longer

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. My wash days have been pretty east breezy lately as well=) Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also 14weeks post but i will hold out for another 4 weeks. Good luck with your touch up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had a great wash day. You know I haven't tried anything from Carol's daughter! Shame on me! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should give them a try, they are sold at Target now

      Delete
  5. We all love when 14 weeks post and easy breezy wash day ends up in the same sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete