Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wash Day

I made it to 12 weeks post, I believe this is my longest stretch so far. Maintaining my hair this week has been good in terms of moisture, but the shedding my friends was a no, no! I am due for a touch up, but when that will happen I am not sure of. After hours of watching YouTube videos I really want to try box braids, it would be nice if I can actually pull it off because for one I have never had weave and two I have never attempted to put it in myself, not to mention my braiding skills are---meh.

On to Wash Day!
IMG_0604

[1] Pre-poo: I parted my hair in 3 sections and applied My Honey Child IMG_0605Honey Hair Mask to my new growth before applying my hot oil treatment. I used safflower oil, avocado oil, lemongrass oil, and peppermint oil. One I applied the oil I detangled each section which I think  is really important because it removes all of the shed hairs before you start washing your hair prevents massive tangles later. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for about 50 minutes.

[2] Shampoo: I used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Sulfate-Free Shampoo twice in each section.

[3] Protein Treatment: Used Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus for 10 minutes. I added protein to this wash week because I want to try a long-term protective style (box braids…I plan on doing them myself for the first time, hopefully I can do them). This protein treatment also nipped my shedding in the bud.

[4] Deep Conditioner: I used Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie, covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for an hour and a half.

[5] Leave-Ins: Moisturized my hair with Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk and sealed in with my oil mix. I “banded” my hair and let it air dry
IMG_0606
This was a fairly simple Wash Day. This was my first time using Carol’s Daughter’s products, and so far, I am impressed. I really, really loved the way my hair felt after I rinsed the Hair Smoothie out, I could not stop touching it.. and sniffing it.. and touching it some more.

Wanna share your Wash Day experience with others? Be sure to head over to SavingOurStrands.com and share your post!
The Wash Day Experience

12 comments:

  1. I have a tub of Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie sitting in my stash and I've been scared to try it! I can't wait for your review!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't braid my hair to save my life. I really like box braids but I usually have them done. Just need to be careful putting them in. Maybe a friend can help.

    I like CD products too. Can't wait for the review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wash day. I love box braids too but I stopped doing them to save my hairline. :) . I love detangling after applying the oil because it softens the hair and loosens the tangle thus making my detangling a breeze!

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't braid either. I know it's partially a patience thing but I just never developed that skill set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done one getting to 12 weeks!!
    I have been thinking of box braids for a while too, but toying with the idea of wearing wigs.
    Great wash day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been into wigs but I have been also thinking about that too. I saw something about a glueless lace wig but I need to find out more about it before I make an investment like that

      Delete
  6. Congrats on ur longest stretch thus far. I see you like the carol's daughter Black vanilla line. I've been eying it for months but due to the mixed reviews i've been holding off...maybe i'll start with the hair smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the hair smoothie will be a great start

      Delete
  7. By doing your box braids yourself you decide whats bearable, and not have that 48hours of waiting on the braids to loosen up to feel comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched the youtube video on how to do them a million times but I don't think I can do them myself I am going to have to find someone to do them for me :(

      Delete
  8. 12 weeks look really good. Good job!

    ReplyDelete