Friday, April 4, 2014

How To Maintain Your Bang For a WEEK… Without Heat

I have a confession to make…
I am a little self- conscious about my forehead.
I come from a long line of people with big foreheads… and it does not make me feel any better knowing I have my father’s hair line.
For as long as I could remember I have ALWAYS had a bang. I like to think of it as a security blanket for my big ol’ forehead.
So, I’ll admit it, I am struggling to let go of my bang. So every week after my wash day I flat-iron it *covers face in shame* My bang has never been so long in my life and I know that I am sacrificing the health of it with every stroke of the flat-iron. That’s why I came up with a way to maintain the sleekness of my bang without having to flat-iron it every day.



MAKE BANG 1-3 (1)







Make a Bang (4-5)





 This method has been working perfectly. For the rest of my hair I either put it in 3 sections or wear it in a low bun when I go to bed. All I have to do when I wake up in the morning is just comb my bang to the to the side or however I feel like wearing my bang that day! One day I am going to feel confident about pulling all of my hair back and walking outside but until then I’ll be rocking my bang!

7 comments:

  1. Work you bangs girl! I can completely relate. I rarely walk out of the door without some kinda hair framing my face. #1--I have a big ol forehead #2---I have a big head. The hair is like my harry potter cloak of invisibility. Ha-ha!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this trick. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I am going to try this!!! My bangs are also my little security blanket. Not only do I also have a BIG forehead, but I have a round face too! With no hair framing my face it feels like people aren't looking at my face but at a human version of the MOON. My bangs are longer than yours though, but I am still going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have a round face too so I definitely know where your coming from and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great tips!!! I'd love for you to swing by Relaxed Thairapy and add this to my #techniquethursday linkup. http://bit.ly/R4nFQ3

    ReplyDelete