Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wash Day

9 weeks post and this Wash Day I should be prepping my hair for a touch up but highly doubt that I will be touch up my hair next week. I have been on a pretty good roll with keeping my hair moisturized and I am sure if I stick to the same routine I will be able to hold off for a few more weeks. Preferably until my 1 year HHJ anniversary, think I can make it?
[1] Pre-poo: I did a hot oil treatment with a mixture of Avocado oil and Peppermint oil. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for over an hour and rinsed.
[2] Shampoo: Even though I am going to hold off with touching up my hair, I am overdo with clarifying my hair so I shampooed my hair with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo.
[3] Tea Rinse: Sprayed my hair with Green Tea and Peppermint Oil. I let it sit on my hair for 7 minutes and rinsed.
[4] Deep Conditioner: I used My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask. Covered my hair with a plastic cap  for over two hours and rinsed.
[5] Leave-Ins: Applied My Honey Child Aloe Vera Leave-In on damp hair and sealed in with the Honey Love Moisturizer and let my hair air-dry about 90%. I applied Dark and Lovely 6 Week Anti- Reversion Serum and blow dried my hair on low before flat-ironing.
After flat-ironing my hair I did an impromptu length check and I finally made it to BSL!! I was very pleased but as your all know #healthoverlength,so I reached for my scissors and trimmed my hair and bang area. I really want to work on the health of my hair, especially my nape area, I never realized how bad it looks.
RSCN5747 RSCN5748
Before (left) and after (right)… sorry for the quality, hope you can see the difference.

As always be sure to share your Wash Day Experience over at SavingOurStrands.com

The Wash Day Experience

5 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait for your relaxer update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you can totally make it until your hhj anniversary! You've been doing a wonderful job keeping your hair manageable. What were your impressions of Dark and Lovely 6 Week Anti- Reversion Serum?

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked pretty well my new growth was really smooth. I thought it would also prevent my hair from frizzing when it rained but a few parts of my hair did frizz up. And it seemed like my new growth turned out smoother than I expected when I washed it on 31st, but I don't know if the Anti-Reversion Serum had anything to do with it...

      Delete
  3. I can see a difference. Congrats...way to go!!!
    Divachyk | Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. I just located your blog and wished to let you know that I have certainly loved reading your blogs. At any rate I’m going to be subscribing to your feed and I really hope you are writing again soon.Check out my weblog Hair transplant in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete