Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wash Day

I am currently 8 weeks post. I usually relax at 10 weeks but I may hold off a week or two. Maintaining the moisture in my hair has been on the up and up thanks to Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, but this darned shedding---sheesh!

[1] Pre-poo: Hot oil treatment using Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, and Lemongrass oil. I covered my hair with a plastic bag for about 45 minutes and rinsed.RSCN5699

[2] Cleanse: used co-cleanser recipe with Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Peppermint Oil, Tresemme Naturals and Organix Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo. This mix was not as moisturizing… Next time, more conditioner and just toss the Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo!

[3] Tea Rinse: Green Tea mixed with a few drops of peppermint oil. Adding peppermint oil is a great way to spice up your tea rinses, it really soothes your scalp.

[4] Deep Conditioner: I used a mixture of Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner and Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for about 2 hours and rinsed

[5] Leave –Ins: Sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on line of demarcation and my ends, applied Sweet Nature by Eddie Dream Cream with MSM on my scalp and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie on my hair and sealed everything in with My Honey Child Honey Love Moisturizer (Review coming soon!)

Overall this Wash Day was pretty good. I spent most of it in the shower rather than over the sink, it made it easier to detangle. Everyone knows the further your get into your stretch the more important it is to stretch your new growth, I did this by putting my hair into 4 ponytails while air drying.

How was your wash day?

What is your favorite method of stretching your new growth?

Be sure to share your recent wash day experiences over at SavingOurStrands.com


The Wash Day Experience

8 comments:

  1. I'm a "banding" fan. It's the only way that I can stretch my 8 months post roots! I'm totally digging your co-cleanser recipe! I hadn't thought to throw a few drops of my favorite essential oil in there! Great idea!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essential oils make me happy :D its my way of "spicing" things up on wash day

      Delete
  2. How good is the TRESemme Naturals conditioner does it have great slip? It's on my to buy next list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has pretty good slip! Great for detangling and co-washing and its inexpensive. If your looking for a conditioner with Ahhmaaazziing slip try Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch, its a bit pricey but soooo worth it!

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to co-washing next time. I think I need to try doing my hair in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing my hair in the shower cut a lot of time out of my wash day

      Delete
  4. I need to try the Tresemme Naturals conditioner. I see it everywhere! And since you said it gives good slip and isn't expensive, I might have to grab that up for me and babygirl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear by the Tresemme conditioners. They are inexpensive and so moisturizing! When I had relaxed hair, I would do blow-outs or curly styles like twist-outs to stretch :)

    ReplyDelete