Friday, March 7, 2014

Wash Day

Hello Ladies, I feel like I haven’t blogged in forever! I am currently 6 weeks post and maintaining my hair daily has been a little less than easy. Even with my daily moisturizing and sealing sessions, it has been hard to maintain the moisture in my hair and I have been experiencing increased shedding. I really feel like I need to find a hairstyle that will allow me to reduce manipulating my hair and allow me to moisturize my hair… Any suggestions besides braids? I also think it would be a plus if I was able to adopt the finger combing technique… But let Wash Day commence. I am a little late posting but my my wash day took place on Monday.
[1] Overnight pre-poo using Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit PunchDSCN5636
[2] Shampooed my hair twice using Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo. I was not a big fan of sulfate-free shampoos but this one has continually given me good results
[3] My tea rinse was a mix of lady grey tea, green tea, peppermint oil, and lavender oil. I sprayed the tea into my hair focusing on my roots. I let it run off into a bowl and then reapplied the tea into my hair and left it on for 5 more minutes before applying my deep conditioner.
[4] I used Nexxus Humectress Deep Conditioner Treatment. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for about an hour and rinsed
[5] I applied my leave-ins: first spraying my hair with apHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer, then Pura Body Natural Murumuru Moisture Milk (I’ve had this moisturizer for a while but I am not a big fan of it, Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows works much better for me, I’m gonna have to re-up on that) and I sealed it in with my favorite oil mix and allowed to air-dry.
I will have to adopt some new practices like washing my hair in sections next Wash Day because I know what’s coming
How Was Your Most Recent Wash Day?
I would like to invite you all to share your Wash Day experiences, good,bad and everything in between. The lovely ladies Keyda and KLP over at SavingOurStrands.com are hosting The Wash Day Experience. Here are the rules:
The Wash Day Experience Linkup RULES (via SavingOurStrands)

Follow your host SavingOurStrands via Bloglovin', Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest.
  1. Healthy Hair is the theme. Entries completely unrelated to the theme or linked to your homepage will be deleted.
  2. Share it! Your blog post must link back to this site so others see. We even made this nifty button below which links back to The Wash Day Experience page! Just copy and drop the code from Saving Our Strands into your blog post. 
  3. Encourage the wash day experience contributor that linked up directly before you with an inspiring  comment. We are each here to support each other and build a community of determined women and hair-friends. Don’t worry, the chica ​who links up after you will do the same; comment love for everyone!

The Wash Day Experience


2 comments:

  1. I'm not that big of a fan of Pura Body Natural Murumuru Moisture Milk either. For now, I'm blaming it on the super dry winter weather. I think that I'm going to save the rest of my bottle for the Spring and Summer before I call it a bust.

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had my eye on the Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo for a while now, but have never tried it. I think I might give it a go once my no-buy ends!

    ReplyDelete