Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wash Day

4 weeks post and my new growth is popping! This wash day was relatively simple:

[1] Hot Oil treatment with coconut oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for about an hour and a half… I think… I was too busy running errands. Yes I did walk out of the house with a pink plastic cap on my head… hahaha don’t judge me!

[2] Shampooed my hair 2 times with Nexxus Humectress Shampoo

[3] Deep conditioned my hair with a mix of Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Pura Body Natural Chocolate  Hair Smoothie, and WEN SixThirteen. I am  trying to use up my massive stash of conditioners. Mixing the ones that I get great results with ones that are so-so. I put a plastic cap on my head and let sit for 45 minutes and rinsed

[4] I did my tea rinse after I deep conditioned my hair only because I was not well prepared and the tea was scorching hot. I used two packs of green tea and 2 drops of peppermint oil. Rinsed

[5] I conditioned my hair again with Nexxus Humectress Conditioner for 5 minutes to soften my hair after the tea rinse.

[5] Applied my leave-ins: apHogee keratin and green tea restructurizer, Nexxus ProMend serum on my ends, my fave oil concoction on my scalp and length, and topped it off with applying Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut marshmallows on my hair and letting it air dry. I usually air dry in a bun but I just let it all hang out.

1 comment:

  1. Your wash day was quite simple. I also sometimes forget to brew the tea and only remember when I'm already half way through my wash day. So I have to brew the tea and then cool it using a bigger bowl where i swirl it while blowing into the bowl to speed up the cooling process :)

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete