Monday, February 3, 2014

Wash Day

No complaints this week, since my 7 Days, 7 Protective Styles challenge my hair has been fine. I have also been staying on top of my m&s sessions. I have noticed an increase in shedding which has been concerning me so I decided to nip that in the bud this Wash Day.DSCN5595

[1] Hot oil treatment using coconut oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil on my scalp and strands. I gave my scalp a gooood massage. I covered my hair with a plastic cap for about 40 minutes  and rinsed

[2] Shampooed my hair using Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo 2 times. This was my first time using this shampoo, it worked pretty well; it cleansed my hair without feeling stripped unlike other sulfate-free shampoos

[3] I saturated my hair with Lady Grey Tea, I spiced it up a little by adding peppermint oil and lavender oil which made my scalp feel divine! Usually, I just spray the tea in my hair and let the excess fall into the sink. But this time I let the excess fall into a bowl and then reapplied it to my hair, I did this about 4 times.

[4] I applied my deep conditioner to my tea saturated hair. I used Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Deep Treatment. I covered my hair with a plastic cap fir an hour and rinsed using cool waterDSCN5600

[5] I applied my leave-ins: 1) Oil Concoction to hair and scalp, 2) lightly misted ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer to hair, 3) applied Nexxus ProMend  serum to ends, 4) Finally applied Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows to hair

[6] Let my hair air-dry and dusted my ends

 

Detangling was a breeze. Check out the amount of hair lost during detangling. I guess that tea rinse worked tremendously.DSCN5601

How was your most recent Wash Day?

How do you combat excessive shedding?

1 comment:

  1. Humctress was the first deep conditioner that my hair fell in love with! I still love that stuff!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    PS: I'd love it if you linked up your wash day with me!

    ReplyDelete