Monday, January 27, 2014

Wash Day

It’s everyone’s favorite time of the week… Wash Day! I noticed that my hair felt really strong this week but for some reason even with my moisturizing and sealing sessions my strands did not feel like they had enough moisture. Strong hair= Good. Strong +Dry strands= Bad, moisture is a good way to provide elasticity to the hair so that it does not break easily and I did notice more than a few strands fall out throughout the week.

[1] Hot oil treatment (safflower oil, grapeseed oil, eucalyptus oil) on scalp and a mixture of conditioners (Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, and Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch) on my strands. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and let sit for about 35 minutes and rinsed

[2] Shampooed my hair with the generic version of Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo 2 times, I forgot how moisturizing this shampoo could be!

[3] Saturated my hair with a mix of Lady Grey and Green Tea

[4] Applied my deep conditioner on top of my tea saturated hair. I used Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Deep Conditioning Treatment. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and let it sit for about 2 hours and rinsed

[5] Let my t-shirt sop up any excess water before applying my leave-ins

[6] Used the L.O.C method: Liquid from rinsing conditioner, Oil mix (Coconut oil, Grapeseed Oil, Lavender Oil), Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows and put Nexxus ProMend serum on my endsDSCN5568

[7] Let my hair air dry 50% and put my hair into two flat twists

When I woke up, some parts of my hair were slightly damp but I got what I wanted: strong and moisturized hair.

 

 

How was your most recent Wash Day?

2 comments:

  1. Nice wash day post! Do you prefer tea rinsing before deep conditioning or after?

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    PS. Feel free to link up your Wash Day posts with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always tea rinsed before deep conditioning...do you think it makes a difference?

      Delete