Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wash Day

It seems that with all of the holiday chaos I Have been neglecting my hair. With neglect and this winter weather my hair and scalp have been craving some TLC, what better way to make it up than with a Wash Day… right?

[1] I used a hot oil mixture consisting of Grapeseed oil, Safflower Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, and Lavender oil for my pre-poo. I massage the oil into my scalp and let it sit for about 30 minutes before rinsing.

[2] I shampooed my hair twice. My first shampoo I use Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo, then rinsed. I then shampooed my hair with WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner and rinsed

[3] I deep conditioned my hair with Pura Body Naturals Chocolate Hair Smoothie for about 30 minutes.

[4] Sprayed ApHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer in my hair then applied Pura Body Naturals Murumuru Moisture Milk and sealed in with my favorite oil mix: Grapeseed oil, Coconut Oil, and Lavender Oil.

This wash day was so-so. I need to find a better way to manage these different textures in my hair. After shampooing, my hair was matted and that made detangling a nightmare. I thought the Chocolate Hair Smoothie would help, but I ended up applying Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and detangling my hair in the shower *whew*. I usually don’t have trouble detangling my hair until 6 weeks post. Its safe to say I will be counting down until I can correct this under processed hair… 3 more weeks!

Any tips on how to manage different textures, especially on Wash Day??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Harlem, my hair tangles often and the only thing I can suggest is - cowash often to keep it hydrated which seems to combat tangles, detangle well before starting your regi and lastly, try to keep the hair stretched as much as possible while washing.
    Divachyk @Relaxed Thairapy

    ReplyDelete