Monday, January 13, 2014

Wash Day: Prepping for my Corrective Relaxer

Next week at 6 weeks post, I am going to correct my touch up nightmare and I am beyond excited. This Wash Day is all about me prepping for next week!
To prepare I parted my hair into 3 sections
[1]Applied my fave hot oil mix (grapeseed oil,DSCN5512 safflower oil, eucalyptus oil) to my scalp massaged and detangled my hair. I also put Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner on my length and ends. I covered my hair with an plastic cap for 1 hour.

[2]Shampooed my hair using Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo and rinsed
[3]Saturated my hair with a mix of Lady Grey Tea and Green Tea. DSCN5513 Applied Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch to my strands, covered my hair with a plastic cap and left it on for about 40 minutes
[4]Allowed an old t-shirt to sop up the excess water. Sprayed apHogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer to my hair. Applied Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows and sealed it all in with Organix Anti-Breakage serum. I also oiled my scalp with my oil concoction(coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and lavender oil)DSCN5515
[5] The final preparation for my touch up was flat ironing my hair… Ugh, I really have to try to even my hair out
DSCN5526
After this upcoming touch up I really have to make a game plan concerning my regimen. I know I have fallen behind because I have been manipulating my hair alot.
How was your most recent wash day?
Any tips on reducing hair manipulation??

1 comment:

  1. Bun it and forget it. When I don't have to see my ends or fiddle with them, life is just a little bit better. Ha-ha!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete