Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Touch Up

I honestly thought this day would never come. I have been having a hard time maintaining the textures in my hair since my last touch up. Since last touch up went so horribly wrong I opted to let someone else apply my relaxer… my mother. We had a little mother-daughter bonding experience in what I like to call “Big Momma’s Kitchen” I know you all remember the times when mom did your hair in the kitchen. Fun times… Here’s how the touch up went:

[1] Relaxed my hair using Dark and Lovely No-Lye RelaxerDSCN5535 in regular strength.

[2] Thoroughly rinsed the relaxer out and applied my mid-relaxer protein treatment Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus. I left it on for about 20 minutes and rinsed.

[3] Neutralized with Optimum Advanced Keratin and Recovery Neutralizing Shampoo 3 times.

[4] Deep conditioned with a mixture of Hairitage Hydration Pink Grapefruit Punch Conditioner and Organix Argan Oil and Shea Butter Conditioner. I covered my hair with a plastic bag followed by a shower cap and let it sit for a little over 2 hours and rinsed. I reeeeeaallly love the scent of the Hairitage Hydration conditioner, she should make a whole Pink Grapefruit Punch line.

[5] Allowed my hair to air dry about 70% before applying my leave-ins. I lightly misted my hair with ApHogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, focusing on my ends. Applied Hairitage Hydration Soft Coconut Marshmallows and sealed it all in with my go-to oil mix: Coconut oil, Grapeseed oil, and Lavender oil.

[6] When my hair was completely dry I flat-ironed and dusted my ends

DSCN5543 DSCN5544

Excuse my pics, they were taken two days after my touch up. As you can see I am still grazing bra-strap length.  Now that I finally have a length check t-shirt I am going to try to reach for the 4 mark on my tee.

I am really happy with the results and now I am thinking of ways to improve my regimen. More details coming soon.

When is your next touch-up?

How often do you revamp your hair regimen?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly went like any other relaxer day. I just applied relaxer to the underprocessed section of my hair last. It really helps if you have someone else apply the relaxer to your hair.

      Delete