Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Regimen Assessment

After my touch-up and viewing my length check results, I like to assess my current hair regimen to see if there is anything that I can change or improve to achieve better results. I also like to assess the products I was using, my hair techniques as well as how consistent I was during my last stretch. Here are the top 3 things I need to work on on this stretch:

  1. Frequent Heat Usage: After my last touch up, I had been using my flat iron frequently *hides face in shame* to make the texture uniform. So for this stretch I want to lay off the flat iron. I know I achieved better results when I was not using my flat iron. This also means I need to stick to heat-less protective styles like buns and twist-outs.
  2. Reverting back to bad habits and bad tools: For some reason I noticed during this past relaxer stretch I have been using my old comb a lot. Since I have not mastered or even tried finger combing I at least need to fall in love with my wide-toothed detangling comb again. I also need to cut out the frequent brushing of my hair. The less I manipulate my hair the better!
  3. Consistency!!! This should actually be number 1! I don’t know if it is out of laziness or my busy schedule but I know that I need to get back on track! The main thing that I need to be consistent on is my moisturizing and sealing sessions, especially during this cold weather. I need to make sure that I am providing my hair and scalp with moisture and nutrients so it can not only grow but remain healthy.

How often do you assess you regimen?

1 comment:

  1. I think you are on the right track especially with laying off the frequent direct heat usage. All the best!

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete